› VitalPBX Community Support › General Discussion › How do I access my Gmail account through IMAP settings? › Reply To: How do I access my Gmail account through IMAP settings?
willhertzParticipantJust to clarify: The only access you can have to your gmail account (or for any other email account) from VPBX is for SENDING emails: You can’t read your email from VitalPBX web gui.
- August 4, 2020 at 8:36 pm
To achieve the capacity of SENDING emails through your gmail account you need to do as follows:
- You need to enable “Access to less secure applications“ In your google accounts’ security center .
- In VitalPBX Web GUI go to : ADMIN/SYSTEM SETTINGS/Email Settings/Use External Mail Server
- Choose the GMAIL button in PROVIDER (doing this the IMAP settings are set automatically by vitalpbx you don’t need to configure anything else)
- Insert your username (email) and password in the corresponding fields and you are done.
- Use the Send Mail Test options and refresh the mail logs. It shoul succeed
It should work now
If you skip step #1 all emails will fail because a rejected session start and you will receive security notifications in your gmail account.
Note for devs/maintainers: It should be great that Oauth was available for gmail/hotmail/yahoo but don’t really know how hard would be to implement0