Reply To: How do I access my Gmail account through IMAP settings?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion How do I access my Gmail account through IMAP settings? Reply To: How do I access my Gmail account through IMAP settings?

willhertz
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Just to clarify: The only access you can have to your gmail account (or for any other email account) from VPBX is for SENDING emails: You can’t read your email from VitalPBX web gui.

To achieve the capacity of SENDING emails through your gmail account you need to do as follows:

1. You need to enable “Access to less secure applications In your google accounts’ security center .
    2. In VitalPBX Web GUI go to : ADMIN/SYSTEM SETTINGS/Email Settings/Use External Mail Server
    3. Choose the GMAIL button in PROVIDER (doing this the IMAP settings are set automatically by vitalpbx you don’t need to configure anything else)
    4. Insert your username (email) and password in the corresponding fields and you are done.
    5. Use the Send Mail Test options and refresh the mail logs. It shoul succeed

It should work now

NOTICE:

If you skip step #1 all emails will fail because a rejected session start and you will receive security notifications in your gmail account.

Note for devs/maintainers: It should be great that Oauth was available for gmail/hotmail/yahoo but don’t really know how hard would be to implement