Reply To: Follow Me with Prompt Callee Enabled

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Follow Me with Prompt Callee Enabled Reply To: Follow Me with Prompt Callee Enabled

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Hi @ing-joserivera26

I tested the possibility of having this in place, the below seems to be working fine. I used extension 201 as the “cellphone”.

With this dialplan, I am focusing on the idea of having a 5 seconds initial ring time, and after 5 seconds the PBX starts calling the FollowMe number as well, so the primary extension continues to ring without any interruption.

The “FollowMe” number in this case is 201. Once 201 answers, they are prompted to press 1, and the call will continue ringing at 100 as long as 201 did not press 1. Again, if 201 pressed 2 or didn’t enter anything, the call will continue ringing by 100.

Dialplan:

[cos-all]
    exten => 100,1,Noop(Testing follow me)
    exten => 100,n,Dial(Local/deskphone-100@my-phones&Local/cellphone-100@my-phones,30)
    exten => 100,n,Hangup

[my-phones]
    exten => deskphone-100,1,Noop(Dialing extension 100)
    exten => deskphone-100,n,Dial(SIP/100)

exten => cellphone-100,1,Noop(Calling cellphone of extension 100 and 5 seconds before dialing)
    exten => cellphone-100,n,Wait(5)
    exten => cellphone-100,n,Dial(SIP/201,,HhTtU(followme-confirmation))

[followme-confirmation]
    exten => s,1,Noop(Entered follow me confirmation sub)
    exten => s,n(start),Set(attempts=$[0${attempts}+1])
    exten => s,n,Read(accept,you_have_an_incoming_call,1,,1,5)
    exten => s,n,GotoIf($[$["${accept}" != ""] | $["${attempts}" = "3"]]?end:start)
    exten => s,n(end),ExecIf($["${accept}" = "1"]?Noop(Connecting Call...):Set(_GOSUB_RESULT=ABORT))
    exten => s,n,Return

This obviously needs more work, for example, if 201 answers the call but didn’t press 1 yet, and in the meantime 100 answered, you want that as soon as 201 presses 1 they should hear something like “Call has already been answered”, you also want to check if 100 already answered before playing the “press 1” on every loop, and if so play the “already answered” greeting and Return().

Let me know if you need any further troubleshooting.

Thanks