*97 or *98 from the Outside

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion *97 or *98 from the Outside

Participant
    Up
    Down
    I want to set up a DID that goes to *97 or *98 (Voicemail) Directly.  What is the best way of do this?  I set up a speed dial 001 to go to *97 and rang busy and then I tried it to *98 and got the same thing.

I want to be able to access voice mail from the outside directly, can I do this?  Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    Oscar Romero
    Keymaster
    none
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

You should go to:

PBX>Application>Custom destination>

Here you need create one custom destination with * 98 or *97

You can also add:

PBX>Application>Custom Application>

Here you need create one custom application with one code (Example 8000), name (“Voicemail”), Enable and destination select your voicemail (Voicemail diret, voicemail unavailable, voicemail busy)

I hope that work it for you, I set the firts option and work fine

Cristian Rojas
    Keymaster
    none
    Up
    Down
    Hi steve, a solution for this can be to configure an IVR. As the guide explain this feature allows you configure an auto attendant to answer calls and redirect the call-in response to input from the caller. An IVR system is often referred to as a digital receptionist. An IVR plays a pre-recorded message to the caller that asks them to press various buttons on their telephone depending on which department or person they would like to speak with. The IVR system will then route the call accordingly. Check this URL https://wiki.vitalpbx.org/documentation/vitalpbx-manual/pbx/incoming-calls/ivr/

I wait for your reply.

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you, Oromero31.  I set this up and this works great for leaving incoming messages however I didn’t make my clear, I apologize for that.  I want to pickup my messages vs. people leaving a message.

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hi Cristian, thanks for your help.

I didn’t make my clear, I apologize for that.  I want to pickup my messages vs. people leaving a message.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.