A Few Questions – Trunk Channel count / Dialing Tone / VitalPBX

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion A Few Questions – Trunk Channel count / Dialing Tone / VitalPBX

Participant

I must admit this seems to be the best front end to Asterisk I have seen.

A couple of things

Is it possible to state the maximum calls through a trunk, if exceeded then uses a different trunk?

Is it possible to use a different countries dialing tone, like UK, which is different to the default?

VitalPBX is currently free and I dont mind donating, but will it remain free ?

Many Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down
    1. No, by now is not possible to define the maximum calls by trunk, but, it will be added in future versions.
    2. The dialing tone are configurable in the SIP Settings Module (Settings >> Technology Settings >> SIP Settings).
    3. VitalPBX is free and it will remain free. To maintain the VPBX development, we sell support, commercial add-ons, and also we accept donations.
    maverik
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for your prompt response, appreciated.

Do you have any timescales for defining maximum no of calls per trunk, as it is fundamental for my implementation?

Also, I have looked in the settings for dial tone / ringtone changes per country and cant find it

Can you tell me how to set up to the UK (dial tone and ring tone)

Again, Many Thanks

Keep up the good work !

Up
    Down

Dial tone/Ringtone (Picture attached)

We expect to release that update at April 13th.

maverik
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Again, Thanks for the quick response

Looking forward to the update, I will test until then

I have changed the system to UK, and also located the indications.conf file and changed to uk

but still getting US dialtone and calling tone, but that would be a nice to have rather than a must have

Many Thanks

mrrodge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Still don’t get a UK ringback.  Any ideas?

Up
    Down

maybe is something related to asterisk, according to the asterisk documentation, you must only to change the ring tone zone in the global sip settings and it should work

Dan Hole
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I too have setup a new system recently, set it to UK but not getting the UK ringing tones, any ideas?

Dan Hole
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I managed to work it out i was using a pjsip trunk, looks like the tone Zone only works with SIP

Moved to a SIP trunk and all works

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘A Few Questions – Trunk Channel count / Dialing Tone / VitalPBX’ is closed to new replies.