admin or some other login

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion admin or some other login

Participant
    I used admin when I initially install VitalPBX.  I would rather choose a different login (one less thing for hackers to use).  Is that ok to create a new admin user and then delete the original “admin” user?

What is the correct way to do updates.  I am using VitalPBX 3.0.  I try the updates from the VitalPBX and there is never any updates.  Should I be using yum or dnf to do updates or will that break VitalPBX.

Thanks very much for your help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Can anyone comment on the above questions?  Thanks.
    Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Any help here, please?
    Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    The super admin user can only be admin, this user has all the privileges on the system. It is recommended you use the “Check for Updates” option from the user menu on the WebUI. Log in as an administrator, then on the upper right-hand corner click on your username, there you will find the Check for Updates option.
    Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you, I was hoping to name another user as the admin just one more step of eliminating the guessing game from hackers.  I appreciate your help, thank you.

I had seen “not to use yum to update your VitalPBX” a while back so I wasn’t sure exactly how to do the updates.  Again, I appreciate the help.

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Make sure that you use complex passwords with your users, and VitalPBX has tools like intrusion detection and the Geo-Firewall option to protect your installation.

You can use Yum Update, and that message was sent due to an issue at the time with an Asterisk dependency. So we recommend using the Check for Updates option so you only update VitalPBX and any dependency that is tagged to be updated.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.