Allow prefix for trunks

VitalPBX Community Support Wish List Allow prefix for trunks

Participant

I have some trunks that I would like to strip digits off of if they are picked based one call routing.

I am currently working around not having this by making access to my trunk using feature codes.  This is working, but it might still be nice to strip digits off of outbound calls based upon the trunk.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Can you deepen your request? Give us an example?

BrentNorrisKY
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Sure.  I have a trunk that goes to an intercom so there are lots of possible things that people could dial.

Options are:

308, which gets them access to the trunk directly. I need to strip the 308 and send nothing to the trunk.

3080 which does an all call, but only if I strip the 308 and send the 0

3081 which does an announcement to the gym, but again I need to strip the 308 and send the 1

30852 which will do an announcement to location 52, but I have to strip the 308 and send the 52 to the trunk.

I used to do this with an entry for the trunk that just had 308 in the prefix field.  Then my call routing did the matching and sending on.

With Vital I can’t do this though because there is no option for the trunk and I can’t make a call route that just has 308 in the prefix and nothing in the “match pattern” field.  I can’t match 308 and send it because then that will go down the trunk and the intercom will not understand that.  I can’t just match anything with 308 at the start because there are things might need to by dialed that have 308 at the start.

Up
    Down

Thanks for the explanation, we will take it into consideration for future versions of VitalPBX

Up
    Down

What you requested it was included in the version 2.0.5 of VitalPBX

BrentNorrisKY
    Participant
    Up
    Down

AWesome! Thank you very much.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.