Any issues besides ipset preventing the use of OpenVZ?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Any issues besides ipset preventing the use of OpenVZ?

Participant

I have read the comments saying OpenVZ is not supported because of fail2ban use of ipset. We can work around that by adding jail.d/01-custom.conf and set banaction = firewallcmd-allports.

Are there any other issues preventing the use of OpenVZ?  The problem for us is that we have a large existing infrastructure that uses OVZ. So we would like to try utilize that if possible.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

The issue that we have detected in the past was that the fail2ban was not starting on OpenVZ environments, we didn’t detect any other issue.

What VPS provider are you currently using?

samiam123
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We use our own bare metal servers.  There was a problem at one time with older OVZ kernels with fail2ban not starting using the default systemd unit file. There was an easy workaround for that and a permanent fix was implemented quite awhile ago in newer kernels. 

We will let you know if we find any other problems but so far it seems to work well on OpenVZ.

Up
    Down

Is good to hear that, I assume that with latest versions of Centos it is possible that VitalPBX run without issues on OpenVZ environments.

Just for clarify, we didn’t test OpenVZ environments by our self, so, we cannot make sure to others that it will totally work without issues.

samiam123
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: @ing-joserivera26

Is good to hear that, I assume that with latest versions of Centos it is possible that VitalPBX run without issues on OpenVZ environments.

Just for clarify, we didn’t test OpenVZ environments by our self, so, we cannot make sure to others that it will totally work without issues.

Understood.  We are testing with latest stable VitalPBX (2.3.8-3) on CE7.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.