Banned! How can I remove/reset the ban

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Banned! How can I remove/reset the ban

Participant

Hi All,

I’m new to VitalPBX, and after setting it up more than a week back, and not using it since then, I forgot my Web UI password and unsuccessfully attempted access more than 3 to 5 times.

As a result of the above, I believe I got banned (Web UI is timing out…and cannot remotely SSH in to the server either).

I’d appreciate if someone could help me with complete instructions to get my access back.

I read a post on this forum about trying to access using a VPN Proxy…but I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

You may use applications like https://www.tunnelbear.com/ for access to your server using another public IP address, and be able to remove yourself from the ban list.

Also, don’t forget to add your public IP in the intrusion detection whitelist to avoid future banning.

In another hand, remember you can use the following command(must be run on the ssh console) to reset the VitalPBX admin password:

vitalpbx –reset-pwd

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.