Beta update not working

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Beta update not working

Up
Down
    Participant
    US
    Hello, I got the email to update to the Beta RC and followed the enclosed instructions.

However, it didn’t update to version 3…

Any tips?

I would rather not have to do a fresh install if I can avoid it as I already got the voicemail transcription working.

btw that would be a nice feature to add on – easy setup of voicemail transcription through your choice of services.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    Try updating from the Linux console

yum clean all
    yum update -y

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US
    Hello Matt Rizkowsky,

The instructions on the Beta Program introduction email are to include the Beta Repositories. In the case with Version 3, you would need to install from the Beta ISO, or by following the instructions to install on a VPS (https://github.com/VitalPBX/VPS/tree/vitalpbx-3) also mentioned on the email. So if you have installed version 2.4, it won’t update to version 3.0 beta.

And again, to remind you, Beta Versions are preliminary versions that we do not recommend to use them on production environments.

Matt Rizkowsky
    Participant
    US
    Gotcha, the directions seemed to indicate an update from 2.4 to the 3.0 beta.

Thank you for the clarification.

Any chance on getting you to throw in a configuration screen to make voicemail transcription work without editing config files manually?

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US
    Matt,

Sure, no problem, we will get that fixed to make it clearer that these are two different steps.

For Feature Requests, you can always place them on the “Wish List” (https://community.vitalpbx.org/forums/forum/wish-list/) forum board. Simply explain the feature in detail, and if you can give examples so the development team can consider its addition in future versions of VitalPBX.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.