Bug with CID Lookup

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Bug with CID Lookup

Participant

Hi. Not sure if i’m posting in the right place… I had a wierd bug this morning, where on an incoming call, all handsets would flash, but not ring and i couldn’t answer the call. After 10 mins of scratching my head, i noticed the Server containing the CID lookup information was down.

For some reason we the system was not passing the call on (although all lines were flashing) if it had no response from the CID lookup server.

Once the CID lookup server was back up, incoming calls worked as normal! – It’s at this point i also noticed, there’s no way to disable a CID lookup source, only delete it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

No, until now there’s no way to disable, but you can un-link them from your inbound routes. However sounds good allow to disable a CID lookup source

TrustedbyU
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: mrivera

No, until now there’s no way to disable, but you can un-link them from your inbound routes. However sounds good allow to disable a CID lookup source

Why didn’t I think of unlinking it from the inbound route!?

So simple when someone else points it out!!! Thank you….

Maybe an ability to set a timeout would be handy? So if a lookup server goes down, it doesn’t wreck incoming calls?

Up
    Down

Fixed up in version 2.0.5

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.