call pickup group

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion call pickup group

Participant

Hello,

I’m receiving a ‘declined’ when using call group pickup *08 for a call group.   Any way to get call pickup working on a group and assigned to a BLF key?

Users extensions are ‘all permissions’.  I even created another CoS, included all the permissions, named it appropriately and assigned.   The Call Center >> Ring Groups – does not have an area to specify pickup group(s).

any fix? Or am I overlooking something.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Did you already configure the Hunting Groups with the desired extensions? (Applications >> Hunting Groups)

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I did not, only Ring Group.  Does it need to be a Hung Group instead?

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Added the phones to Hunt Group. Still call declined when dialing *08 + ring group extension

Up
    Down

I found an issue, the feature code number for pickup group is not generated, however, you may use the default pickup group number (*8).

For direct pickup you may use *07 + the extension number.

About the call declined message, I have a Yealink desktop phone that shows me the same error, this is something regarding the phone configuration because when I made the dial for pickup the call from an X-Lite softphone, all works as expected.

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I thought call pickup group was *08, not *8? 

I have a ring group configured ext 9001,  Like to be able to have other extensions not in that ring group able to call pickup.

Up
    Down

You may add as may extension as you want in the hunting groups. 

About *8 number, you must use this number, because in the current version this feature is not generated by VitalPBX.

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for the info.

*8 works for picking up a regular extension.  Unable to pickup the Ring Group (ext 9001).

*89001 call declined

*8extension – works

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Please fix this bug…. I need to be able to call pick-up a ring group or hunt group

all phones are part of hunt group and part of pickup, but still declined.  Need resolution for client. much appreciated!

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok, so call pickup is not working properly. Hosted PBX (NAT,Commedia)

*8 user exten (*82001)

On another internal phone, I’ll ring extension 2001.  On seperate phone I’ll dial *82001, phone says connected, but 2001 continues to ring and extension did not get answered..

*07, *08, called declined.   Looking for a fix, even if some custom dial plan

Up
    Down

Do you have a screenshot of your current configuration on Hunting Groups module?

This is the current behavior:

We have a ring group with dialing code 200, this ring group has two extensions, 3000 and 3001. We have another extension, 3002, this extension will perform the call pickup.

Suppose that incoming call arrives to ring group (200), so, the extension 3000 and 3001 start to ring, but no one is available, then the extension 3002 dials *8 and pick up the call.

You must create a Hunting group with all the involved extensions.

Up
    Down

You only need to dial *8, no *8 + extension

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for details @mrivera.

The Hunt Group must include ALL the phones in which will perform a call pickup, correct?  And having only a single Hunt Group associated *8 will apply to them and it’ll just ‘work’?  As typically for call pickup, have to specify the extension for the function to work.

Up
    Down

Yes, it must include all the phones.

On VitalPBX exists two features:

• Call Pickup: *8
    • Direct Pickup: *07 

When using direct pickup you must dial *07 + the extension number that you want pickup 

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

*8 dialed when the other phones (phones in ring group) are ringing.  The phone trying to *8 call pickup, ‘declined’

SNOM Phones.

Up
    Down

As I told you before, the declined message appear in my Yealink phone but is something related to the phone no to VitalPBX, try with a softphone (X-Lite, Zoiper, etc)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.