call pickup group

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion call pickup group

Participant

Hello,

I’m receiving a ‘declined’ when using call group pickup *08 for a call group.   Any way to get call pickup working on a group and assigned to a BLF key?

Users extensions are ‘all permissions’.  I even created another CoS, included all the permissions, named it appropriately and assigned.   The Call Center >> Ring Groups – does not have an area to specify pickup group(s).

any fix? Or am I overlooking something.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
    toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: mrivera

As I told you before, the declined message appear in my Yealink phone but is something related to the phone no to VitalPBX, try with a softphone (X-Lite, Zoiper, etc)

Did you find a resolve on your Yealink phone?  This is key.  Cant use this in production environment by having to use a softphone.  I’m sorry I cannot accept that answer.

See my attach screenshot. Is this appropriate configuration?

Call comes in,  Ring Group (2001, 2002) will ring.  I need any other extension to be able to Call Pickup and answer the incoming calls that rings on those 2 phones.  Reason, if those two people are out of office or unavailable.

Up
    Down

Do the following:

• Create a file under /etc/asterisk/ombutel“ with the name “features__60-pickup.conf”
    • Add the following content
    [general] (+)
    pickupexten = *08
    • Make an asterisk core reload (asterisk -rx”core reload”)

Now you must use *08 in order to pick up calls.

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks!

I chowned -R apache:apache  this file as well, is that correct? or is it apache:root

and to verify usage.  Is it *08 + extension (call group extension)? or just *08

Up
    Down

You may use root as owner and group.

You must only dial *08 for pickup a call when any of the phone in the hunting group get ringing

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

For my screenshot that I provided.  Can I remove the or only allow the extensions we want to be allowed to be picked up? “Allow Pickup”

Or does “Allow Pickup” mean that an extension can pickup, or does it mean the extension can be pickedup by a member in the pickup group

Up
    Down

“Allow Pickup” means that the extension can pick up calls of hunting group members.

For example, if uncheck the member option for extension 2001 but not “Allow Pickup” option, this means that the extension can pick up to all the members listed, but the extension itself cannot be picked up for any of this members.

Up
    Down

We just released a new version of VitalPBX that fixed up some issues regarding the pickup group feature.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.