Call recordings emailed to "root@domain" instead of "user@domain"

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Call recordings emailed to "root@domain" instead of "user@domain"

Up
Down
    Participant

Hi there. Very happy with VitalPBX, which I am using in a domestic situation. Just upgraded to VitalPBX 2.0.0-6

Under Admin/System Settings/Email Settings I have set the system to email me at my mail server, and it works fine when I test it.

Each extension number has a valid email address set in its Extensions/General tab.

Inwant to record calls in certain situations and have just set that up today. When I turn on Call Recording for an extension and also turn on AutoSend Email for that extension, and I would assume that the recorded call should be emailed to the email address specified in Extensions/General.

However the system is trying to send the email to user “root” at my domain, rather than the specified email address.

My mail server naturally rejects the connection, with the message “Recipient address rejected: User unknown” since there is no mail user called “root” (nor do I want to create such a user).

This would appear to be a bug?

regards from Canberra, Australia.

Tony

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies

Thanks for reporting it, we will check it

tonywhelan
    Participant

I am still having no luck with this. Previously, the system tried to send an email of the recorded conversation, but failed because it used the desination address of “root@[domain.name]” instead of the external email address specified in the extension’s profile.

To verify this, I just built a fresh VitalPBX on a spare machine, configured 2 extensions each with a valid external email address,  set up the Admin Email Settings  panel and tested that it could send emails ok. Then set call recording (internal) on for one extension and selected Auto-Send Email. 

I then did a test call between extensions. The call was recorded successfully, but the system again attempted to send the email to “root” instead of the specified external email address.

As this is a brand new fresh build with no customisations, I feel there is a fault/bug here.

regards

Tony

The auto-send email option is for dictation feature. The recordings are not send to email, just voicemail recordings.

tonywhelan
    Participant

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

I may be able to write a shell script to achieve emailing of call recordings. I’ll have a look at that.

Tony

tonywhelan
    Participant

On reflection, I think I will just let the user log in to the Portal and play the recording from there.

Cheers

Good idea… Greatings!!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.