Call transfer fails to go to voicemail

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Call transfer fails to go to voicemail

Up
Down
    Participant

Hello,

I have an issue with call transfer where call does not go to the voicemail and simply drops. Any ideas?

VitalPBX version:2.3.4-2

Thanks!

-G

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies

May you describe the full scenario to try to reproduce what you are reporting?

TheG-Man
    Participant

Upgrading to the latest version fixed the issue. However, here is description on how it happened.

For example, if I call extension 215 from inside or outside, it doesn’t really matter. The person on 215 picks up and transfers me to lets say 233, I can hear the ring for predefined amount of time and if no one picks up the call it drops the call. If I call 233 directly it will ring and if person doesn’t pick up it goes to the voicemail.

May you share a call trace for analyze it?

TheG-Man
    Participant

Attached is call trace from today. Extension 900 transferring to 901.

This happens because the calls go first to a ring group. When calls come through a ring group, the diversions like voicemail are not allowed.

We will analyze it and see what we can do about it.

TheG-Man
    Participant

Here is another trace. It seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

TheG-Man
    Participant
    Posted by: @ing-joserivera26

This happens because the calls go first to a ring group. When calls come through a ring group, the diversions like voicemail are not allowed.

We will analyze it and see what we can do about it.

How would that randomly affect the transfer? The call is being answered by the member of the ring group and then transferred to different extension. I tried multiple times today and test phones and it only failed once.

We will make some lab tests, and probably generate some fixes for the next RC version

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.