Callers hearing the hold music

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Callers hearing the hold music

Participant

This may have been addressed elsewhere, but I am getting reports from a client that callers will immediately hear hold music instead of the normal ring while their call follows the configured route: from the trunk, to an inbound route, to one ring group, then a second ring group, then to one extension’s voicemail. All five of those things have MoH set to the default, so I changed it to a different audio file I uploaded; now that caller hears the new sound while the call goes through the above route, instead of the ringing tone. This is only happening to a few callers. Why would the MoH be playing when they are not on hold?

This is on a fresh install on the latest version.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found in another discussion what I think is a similar issue. Would the command suggested erase any pai of the existing configuration (SIP passwords, etc)?

php /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/dump_asterisk_conf
    kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have pulled the asterisk logs during two calls to the same number. Everything looks identical. But I can hear that when I call, I hear the normal ringing. When MySQL client calls on her own cell phone, she hears hold music. Why?

Up
    Down

May you share the configurations of Ring group “MTZ 3270 A”, looks like have an MoH configured

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

That and three other ring groups had MoH as “Default”. I changed it to “None (Ringback)”. Is this where I misconfigured it?

Up
    Down

Check this line:

Executing [1112@ext-ringgroups:7] Dial("SIP/YOUR-PROVIDER", "Local/3272@cos-all/n&Local/@cos-all/n,10,cm(moh2)") in new stack
    kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yep, that was it. I think I was just thrown by the label “Music on Hold” for a ring group, since we don’t actually put the caller on hold through a ring group. I changed this to be the ringback for all my ring groups and the client reports it is good now.

Up
    Down

We will do something with that label.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.