Can I control incoming caller ID (override the CNAM)

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Can I control incoming caller ID (override the CNAM)

Participant

For example, when someone outside with DID 212 123 4567 calls into my vital pbx, the phone screen will show maybe New York ,NY or XXX Inc. as the caller ID. I know it’s a result of CNAME service.

Can I manually add this number information to vital PBX? Like I knew it’s from John Doe actually, the CNAME info is incorrect. Can I add a record like (212 123 4567 – John Doe) in the system? So my phone screen will show John Doe when the number 212 123 4567 calls in. Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

You may use the CID Lookup module to achieve that task. In the latest version it is possible to create a cid lookup with MySQL as source, so, you can create a database who contains the right name depending of CID Number.

Will
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for your reply, mrivera.

Can you elaborate a bit more? I am in the CID lookup. I can see HTTP/HTTPS or OPENCNAME as the source.

Where can I input the phone number and the caller ID? I put the number as the host name and type the name in other fields but it didn’t work under HTTP source.

Or do you mean I should user MySQL? I didn’t update the system yet. I don’t have this option.

Up
    Down

In the version 2.1.0 of VitalPBX it is possible set MySQL as CID Lookup Source. Check the picture attached

Will
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks. I updated the VitalPBX system and I can see the MySQL option. That means I need to build a new server for this special caller, am I correct? That needs some resource (a dedicated MySQL server) and work. I guess this is easiest way to achieve the task ? Thank you again.

Up
    Down

It depends of your call traffic and your hardware, if you have a good hardware resources, you may create a local database in the same PBX

Gary
    Participant
    Up
    Down

How would I create a database in the same server as the pbx to replace the cid name based  apon the cid number. so I can use it as the cid lookup source.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.