Cannot get phone to register

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Cannot get phone to register

Up
Down
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out why I can’t get a phone to register.  I’m using a YeaLink T46G along with a imported config file.  The phone will connect to FPBX however when setting up an extension on VitalPBX of PJSIP using the same User Device name and password it fails.   I disabled all the security on VitalPBX (Firewall etc). 

I’ve also Enabled the Debug in the “PJSip Setting”. 

While I can see the phone trying to log in over and over it’s not being seen in the FULL log view.   Even when I change the Verbose setting to “8” I’m not seeing anything in the log display.

Any ideas?

VitalPBX

VitalPBX 2.4.0-1
    Asterisk 16.6.2-1
    DAHDI 2.11.1-7

Yealink t46g

Firmware Version 28.83.0.50
    Hardware Version 28.2.0.128.0.0.0

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US

Did you check Intrusion Detection?

Also, PJSIP is by default on port 5062. Are you registering against that port?

Leonard
    Participant
    Posted by: @pitzkey

PJSIP is by default on port 5062

Well no I’m not.  Did this change with Asterisk v16?  I’ve been using 5060 along with PJSIP for a long time on FPBX.  I even dropped FPBX v15 today to see if I had the same issue – I did.  Let me modify the port number on  the phone and see if that works.

THANKS!! 

Leonard
    Participant

Yes, using 5062 is the solution!

Thanks again…

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Posted by: @leonard

Well no I’m not.  Did this change with Asterisk v16?  I’ve been using 5060 along with PJSIP for a long time on FPBX

This depends on the PBX, not on Asterisk. FPBX changed PJSIP to 5060 to encourage users to use PJSIP over ChanSIP since PJSIP is deprecated.

Which brings me to ask. What’s the future plans with ChanSIP here with VitalPBX?

@pitzkey

For the next versions, PJSIP will be the main technology (Only for new installations), and the SIP will be a secondary technology.

For existing installations, SIP will be the main technology, due we don’t want to affect the production environments.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.