Can’t send Vitxi WebRTC password reset email. Think SSL may be the cause?

VitalPBX Community Support VitXi WebRTC Can’t send Vitxi WebRTC password reset email. Think SSL may be the cause?

Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

I have a valid SSL cert (Let’s Encrypt) on my PBX system, but get this error when I try to send a reset password email in Vitxi WebRTC:

“The link to reset your password could not be sent, please contact the administrator.”

I noticed the ‘full’ log had this…

“[2021-05-28 12:01:00] ERROR[1755] iostream.c: SSL_shutdown() failed: error:00000005:lib(0):func(0):DH lib, Underlying BIO error: Bad file descriptor”

I have also noticed that the cert(sslv3) is not the exact type as what is listed(tlsv1) in [Settings -> Technology Settings -> PJSIP settings] and was thinking this was the reason the reset password email was failing.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction please? I feel like I’m on the right track, just afraid of adverse effects since I’m unfamiliar with what may happen as a result.

Thanks so much!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Sir,

In VitXi, there is a module called “Mail Settings”, in this module you can set the necessary settings for the sending of email to work correctly. Set the settings and send the test mail.

I attach a screenshot where you can find the module.

Best regards!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Thanks so much for this. I got the email reset working thanks to your help. Much appreciated!!!
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    You’re welcome! We are glad that it is working well,

Best Regards!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.