CDR & mp3

Participant

If I run the script to change the wav recordings to mp3 they no longer show in the cdr reports for downloads/playback, is it possible to change this so it’s available.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Which script are you using?

Gary
    Participant
    Up
    Down

#!/bin/sh
    cd /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/
    /usr/bin/find . -type f -name “*.wav” -size -200k -mtime +59 | /usr/bin/xargs /bin/rm -f >/dev/null 2>&1
    /usr/bin/find . -type f -name “*.wav” -mtime +59 | /usr/bin/xargs -i lame -r {}
    /usr/bin/find . -type f -name “*.wav” -mtime +59 | /usr/bin/xargs /bin/rm -f >/dev/null 2>&1
    exit 0

The conversion work good I can see all the file using the command line just can not see them in the gui cdr reports.

Up
    Down

That’s because the audio path and name is taken directly from Asterisk CDR table, so, when you change the format from wav to mp3, is like if the file doesn’t exists anymore.

When you execute the conversion script you must to update the database also.

oromero31
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Why you don’t uses sonata recording..? It is great¬†

Gary
    Participant
    Up
    Down

How do I update the database.

Gary
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I did not realise the recordings module did mp3 conversion it works well, just wished it had more options for uploading files like s3cmd so we could use a Amazon bucket. I could do it through a cron job but would be nice to have it in the gui.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.