Choose outgoing trunk dynamically?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Choose outgoing trunk dynamically?

Participant

I have 2 companies on 1 location and both companies have their own phone number.

Some people work for both companies.
    The VOIP desk phones for those people are configured with an extension for both numbers,
    so they can choose the outgoing number for their outgoing calls.

Unfortenately, I also have some colleagues using DECT phones so they are able to roam thru the building.
    The phones (Gigaset Pro S650) only support one SIP-account per DECT device.
    For now we have set the DECT outgoing number as the number they used most.
    However, I would like the DECT users to be able to call incidentally with the other outgoing number if they need to do so.

Is this possible with VitalPBX?
    Can one perhaps change the outgoing trunk whith a feature code?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Do both companies use the same PBX?

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down

You can choose that in N510. See screenshot attached.
    But i am happy to hear the VitalPBX solution!

ICTALL
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

Yes, both companies use the same PBX.  At the moment we are using a Tiptel Business 6000 ISDN PBX , but we preparing the switch to VitalPBX.
    In old PBX we can assign an default outgoing line to an extension,
    however by pre dialing  *91, *92, *93 etc. you can choose an other outgoing line before dialing the number.

ICTALL
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@mo10

Thanks for your input. Alas I am using the Gigaset N870 IP Pro basestations.
    With this basesstations you can not use 1 SIP for all DECT phones like with the N510.
    Each phone has it’s own SIP-config. ? 

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: @ictall

@ing-joserivera26

Yes, both companies use the same PBX.  At the moment we are using a Tiptel Business 6000 ISDN PBX , but we preparing the switch to VitalPBX.
    In old PBX we can assign an default outgoing line to an extension,
    however by pre dialing  *91, *92, *93 etc. you can choose an other outgoing line before dialing the number.

You can do the same thing with in Outbound Routes and maybe using “Overwrite CID” there as well.

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: @mo10

You can do the same thing with in Outbound Routes and maybe using “Overwrite CID” there as well.

But sure use other pattern like “1.” or “2.” instead of “*92” since those are feature-codes already or you change the Feature-codes accordingly.

ICTALL
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@mo10

I think, I have to explain my setup a little more….

Both companies have their own incomming SIP-trunk (diffirent accounts).
    For outgoing calls both companies have a their own dedicated SIP-trunk (albeit from another VOIP-provider then the incoming trunks)

If we overwrite the CID with the CID not originally attached by the VOIP-provider, the resulting call will show a unknown number in the display of the person being called.

Furthermore although we are using one VitalPBX, because the companies have their own incoming and outgoing trunk, the companies are billed seperately, so the bookkeeper won’t be thrilled. ? 

My knowledge of feature code are a little iffy, but I always eager  to learn ? , so it would be nice, if you could explain this CID overwrite more or point me to some hands on explanation… TIA 

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down

Don’t know if this is right, check it.

If you add a number 9 to the number you what to dial in front it will take this outbound route for Extensions 10 and 11. It will remove the 9 and dial your number.

Sure, choose the right trunk.

Because “Overwrite CID” is on it will use 1234567 as CID when dialing out.

If you want different CID for different Extensions add multiple Outbound routes as shown.

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down

Did this help?

ICTALL
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@mo10

Didn’t check yet, I am about to replace our legacy phone system using VitalPBX at HQ.
    I am also planning if possible to attend the VitalPBX course starting on Monday.

So I don’t have the time right now to test this.
    But it’s definetly something I want to test in the near future, because it’s gonna be real nice to have.

I will posts update if I do. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.