CID Modifier

Participant
    I have an issue with CID and looking for a solution

Were in the UK and calls come into the PBX with CID

+441234567890 for me to dial this back i would call 01234567890
    So removing the +44 and adding a 0

I can achieve this using the CID modifier prepend and append and works fine until i receive an international call.

if a call arrives from +123456789012345 it would replace it with 03456789012345

What i would like is to match if the callerid starts with +44 then replace that with a 0 which would leave the other international calls alone.

anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

Dan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    Dan Hole
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    does anyone have a suggestion for this?

is there anyway to modify the CID based on the trunk, similar to what we do in other pbx’s

Up
    Down
    In the inbound routes you have two fields, one for matching the DID and another to match the CID; You can use the CID match for only remove/replace the prefix +44 when the CID contains such format.
    Dan Hole
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    OK i understand your example it would work however you would need two inbound routes for each number

1. ddi and cid matching +44. with cid modifier to catch the uk callers
    2. ddi with no cid or modifier to catch the other numbers.

This would get a little messy as there are a few hundred dids on this system.

Up
    Down
    If you need something more complex you can create a small script that changes the CID Number according to some conditions. For this, you can use the CID Modifier using as a source the “HTTP/HTTPS Request” option.

Dan Hole
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Jose, would you have an example of such script as a starting point?
    Dan Hole
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    does anyone have an example http script they could share with me for this?
    Bryan
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

I’m not certain, but it would appear that CID Modify via HTTP/HTTPS might not be URL escaping the data applied through the [CIDNAME] and [CIDNUM] placeholders, causing it to fail in most cases.

I am able to make it partly work by replacing the variables with the actual escaped text, which demonstrates that it does consume the returned JSON data from a REST server and then accordingly replaces the CID name and number.

-Bryan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.