Custom recordings for own language set

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Custom recordings for own language set

Participant

I know that language sets such as en_GB, en_AU, and probably others, do not have the full set of recordings found in the USA “en” set recorded by Allison.

If you use any of those other languages for certain functions, you will sometimes hear Allison’s voice rather than your own language. For example, “Welcome to the Wakeup Call service” is always in her voice since that recording is not present in other languages. Likewise, “Your extension number is” is similarly hard-coded, along with a number of others.

I can see that you have patched your way around this for the es_NI language set (and perhaps others?). You have added a /vpbx folder in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en and in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_NI (and perhaps others). The former (en) has a subset of Allison’s recordings, prefixed with “vital-” and in the latter (es_NI) you have added Spanish language recordings of the same phrases using the same filenames.

To make this work, you have altered file /etc/asterisk/ombutel/extensions__20-baseplan.conf which contains many subroutines. For those phrases missing from many language sets, you have hard-coded a pointer to the appropriate phrase in the /vpbx folder. So people using language “en” who use the Wakeup Call function will get Allison’s version of “Welcome to the wakeup call service”, whereas someone using es_NI will get a Spanish version of that phrase, located in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_NI/vpbx.

Because I am in Australia I prefer not to hear recordings with a US-English accent. I therefore installed the en_AU core language set (there is no “extra” set), and also recorded my own version of some of the phrases missing from en_AU and added them to folder /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_AU.

That works for most cases, but I was still getting Allison’s voice for the “Welcome to the Wakeup Call service” (and some other phrases) because of the fact that you have hard-coded file extensions__20-baseplan.conf to point to the /vpbx folder for that phrase.

To rectify this, I created folder /vpbx folder in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_AU and added to it my own version of the various files I needed, named identically to those in /en/vpbx.

This seems to be be a suitable solution. I mention it here in case others wish to achieve a similar outcome

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.