Custom Sip Headers

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Custom Sip Headers

Participant

What would be the best way to send out a custom sip header when using certain trunks or outbound routes? Currently, trying to  setup  the X-Tenant sip header due to our trunk provider requiring that to tell apart different tenants coming from one same IP.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

If your usuing the latest version of VitalPBX you may provide custom headers on the trunks module on the advance tab.

hlev
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

I did set the X-Tenant header on each of the trunks, but it doesn’t get sent at all when a call is made so the provider doesn’t differentiate the tenant that makes the outgoing call.

Up
    Down

You may use the sngrep tool to verify if the custom header is sent on trunks headers.

Check the picture attached. 

hlev
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

My PBX doesn’t send the the header at all =(, any idea why this could be happening?

Up
    Down

I cannot tell you what is happening because I don’t know what kind of configurations and environment do you have.

hlev
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

VPS setup, VitalPBX 2.4.0-1, Skyetel PJSIP trunk with a custom header added in the trunk advanced tab. Not sure what other configs would affect the trunk not sending out the custom header.

Up
    Down

Do you have a call log of an outgoing call?

hlev
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

Here is the log of a call, line 128 I do see the following which should mean it must be sending it right?

[2019-12-26 14:09:58] VERBOSE[17893][C-00000056] pbx.c: Executing [18XXXXXX273@trk-1-dial:16] Set(“PJSIP/134-000000e7”, “PJSIP_HEADER(add,X-Tenant)=vital.pbx”) in new stack

Why wouldn’t the header appear in the sngrep log as well? Just opened a ticket with Skyetel as well to check their side of the logs to see what we are sending.

Up
    Down

@hlev

Looks like is an issue on VitalPBX’s dialplan, because, according to Asterisk documentation the PJSIP headers must be add-ed in a pre-dial handler:

To operate on the callee’s (outgoing) channel call PJSIP_HEADER in a pre-dial handler.

Example:

;

[handler]
    exten => addheader,1,Set(PJSIP_HEADER(add,X-MyHeader)=myvalue)
    exten => addheader,2,Set(PJSIP_HEADER(add,X-MyHeader2)=myvalue2)

;

[somecontext]
    exten => 1,1,Dial(PJSIP/${EXTEN},,b(handler^addheader^1))
    ;

Up
    Down

@hlev

This is fixed on VitalPBX 2.4.0-3

hlev
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26 Forgot to update over here, everything is working properly now thank you so much.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Sip Headers’ is closed to new replies.