Delay on hanging up calls from FXO to the extension

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Delay on hanging up calls from FXO to the extension

Participant
    Hi,

Recently I deployed a fresh installation of VitalPBX with a Wildcard X100P FXO card. It works well but I have a little issue with incoming calls, starts ringing after 2 rings and when if missed the call, it stops ringing after 5 seconds on the SIP extension.

Anybody has happened the same?

Greetings,

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    giovanni.v
    Participant
    IT
    Up
    Down

Wildcard X100P FXO card. It works well but I have a little issue with incoming calls, starts ringing after 2 rings and when if missed the call, it stops ringing after 5 seconds on the SIP extension.

This is the expected behaviour on most analog lines due to:

1. the way caller id signaling is implemented
    2. ringing detection, timers and timeouts.

Both are country dependendant.

1. Ringing start will be detected by ringing voltage presence for the minimum ring time set by regulation, i.e. 1 second in most European countries.
    2. Ringing stop will be detected waiting for the absence of ringing voltage after ringing, i.e. 4 seconds in Italy.
    3. The Caller ID is signaled by an analog data stream in many ways, usually FSK/V23 in Europe. In Italy that data stream is sent after the very fist ring so the ring detection alghoritm should wait until the second ring before decoding CLI successfully.

Mixing all that you get almost all the delays observed.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by giovanni.v.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.