Delayed outbound ringing when calling from VitalPBX

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Delayed outbound ringing when calling from VitalPBX

Up
Down
    Participant

I am using VitalPBX 2.3.3-1 with Google Cloud.

I have 2 DID phonenumers and a setup of 4 trunks.
    2 trunks I use for incoming calls (1 for each number).
    The other 2 I use for outgoing calls (also 1 for each number)
    I use “Class of Service” and “Route Selection” to select the right outbound trunk.

Each number or DID goes to a different extension.
    When I call a DID-numbers the right extension will ring.
    Outbound calls will show phonenumber linked to the extension when I make a call.

So basically everything is working as I want. NOT!!! ? 

Here is the thing. When doing an outbound call, sometimes I hear the outbound ringing several times (1,2 3 or even 6 or 7) before the called phone actually starts ringing.
    If I hangup, and redial or even wait e.g. 30 seconds before redial, the called phone will ring IMMIDIATELY!

If I wait for several minutes, I will hear the ring tone several time on the telephone receiver before the called phone starts ringing.

It seems like the outgoing trunks has some sort of a stand bye mode, which kick in after some minutes. ? 

Could any one explain to me, why this is happening?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies

May you provide a call trace of an outbound call for analyzing?

ICTALL
    Participant

Called from extension 1401 to mobile number “064095XXXX”
    The mobile phone started ringing about 8 seconds after placing the call.
    During those 8 seconds, we could hear the ringtone 4/5 times on the handset of pbx phone extension (1401).
    We answered the call and did a hang up within seconds.
    I have attached the log of the call.

ICTALL
    Participant

This is the same call as above, however this time the phone being started ringing immediately!
    It seems that after the first “delayed” call, the second and next calls will start the ringing “direct” when the call is placed.

artur.woronin
    Participant

Hi

I’m not an expert but it looks like something wrong with trunk configuration or on yours or operator side. From your story looks like outbound trunk is not registered and after first call next time trunk is registered and calling. But I think guys from vital are more familiar with that 🙂

ICTALL,

You may use the sngrep tool in order to get a better call trace and see what is really happening.

ICTALL
    Participant

I am looking how to use SNGREP.
    Would a SNGREP save to .TXT be allright?

-O –output Write captured data to pcap file

sngrep -O /tmp/call.pcap
    ICTALL
    Participant

Due to the roll out of phone systems at several locations of my company, I have not been able to test more. But I think, I might have some time next week. So the pcapfile is comming… ? 

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.