Dialing an extension execute a script

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Dialing an extension execute a script

Participant

Hi,

I just moved from another asterisk distro to VitalPBX, everything works as expected, but I didn’t find the way to execute a script when i’m dialing an extension.

I’ve made a script to unlock the front door, when i was dialing a number (147 in my case).

How can I made this working with VitalkPBX?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Check the dial profile module, you may assign different dial profiles per extension

jlienard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I took a look on “Settings”>”Technology settings”>”Dial profiles” hoping creating a custom dial profile, but I can’t find the way to specify a script. I saw I can set a specific “Dial profile” for an extension on “PBX”>”Extensions”>”Extensions”>”Advanced”>”Dial profile”

Can you explain a little bit more?

On another way, I took a look on “PBX”>”Applications”>”Feature code”, but there is no way to add a custom one.

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down

We did this with the custom context module, then created an “extension” in the Custom Applications module, see images: https://imgur.com/a/4xMJaQP

Up
    Down

@jlienard

Check the PitzKey solution

jlienard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you!

I found the 2 modules.

Where I must put the script file?

Like for the Cron in “/var/lib/ombutel/scripts/” ? How to select it on the two previous module?

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down

You will need to write your own context, see above link how to.

Then you’ll need to use the System(/path/to/your/script)

It does necessarily need to be in the folder you mentioned.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.