Directory / Address book of extensions on Mobile app

VitalPBX Community Support VitXi Mobile (IOS and Android) Directory / Address book of extensions on Mobile app

Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

Does the Mobile app have a way to get a list/directory of coworker’s extensions within the app?

It is impractical and tedious to create Contacts for all 750 staff that we have.

John

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    In Android mobile application if possible and very soon it will also be available in the iOS application.
    To have this option it is necessary that in VitalPBX you install the Phonebook module and then create your own directories.
    Later, with the generated QR code or URL, you load it on your Android.
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you Rodrigo.  This is very exciting.  I’m a iOS user so I was unaware of this.  I will check with a coworker about the Android and Phonebook module.

When you say very soon… like within a few weeks or longer?  I have people asking me…

Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Right now we are testing it in Testflight internally, we hope that at the beginning of February we will release a beta version.
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Has any progress been made on this Directory/Address book of extensions on Mobile apps?
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    I heard from a coworker that it is working on Android already.  Is this true?  Any idea about iOS and the Directory(s)?
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Our version of VitXi for iOS will be released very soon, which includes the Phonebook. We are already in the test stage.
    CD
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hi,

we have installed Vital PBX and was able to create extensions using PJSIP

extension 1o registered Successfully on VitalPBX Communicator

Extension 11 registered successfullt on VitalPBX Comunicator

Problem is not able to call from 1 extension to another from extension 10 to 11 or vise versa it rings when dialing but when answering the call it states that the person at the extension is unavailable please leave your message after the tone

Now if I try to call from the pc through VitalPBX communicator to a SIP softphone on the cell phone the call works fine but when I call from the SIP softphone from the phone to the PC vitalpbx communicator it rings and I get the same message that extension is unavailable please leave your message after the tone.

Any idea what could be causing such behavior.

thank you

Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    @CD

Try and use the log viewer in the VitalPBX Admin Console [tools -> log file viewer]

The ‘full’ log will be the verbose debug information. You can choose how many lines to display and refresh as you  make calls to perform troubleshooting and tests. This should help figure out which devices are communicating correctly with the system and which are not.

Hope this helps

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Any progress on Directory for iOS VitXi app?

I still don’t see it.

Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    The current version of Vitxi Mobile is going to be replaced by VitalPBX Mobile which already comes with Phonebook.
    We will be launching VitalPBX Mobile for ITExpo 2021, on June 22.

Stay tuned that very soon you will be able to test this incredible application on your Iphone or Ipad.

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you for the update.  We will let our VitXi iOS users know.  This is good news.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘VitXi Mobile (IOS and Android)’ is closed to new topics and replies.