Duplicate Music On Hold for extensions, missing MOH for Follow Me

VitalPBX Community Support Reporting an Issue Duplicate Music On Hold for extensions, missing MOH for Follow Me

Participant
    Up
    Down
    I’m running VitalPBX 3.0..6-1. When creating a new extensions, there is “Music on Hold Class” under “Advance” tab, and and another “Music on Hold Class” under “Follow Me” tab. They both seem to be the same.

A. Can someone please shed some light what are the differences?

B. Is it possible for tenants to have access to the MOH of the main server?

When a call comes in for an extension with Follow Me enabled, while it is still unanswered, the caller hears either a ring tone or various prompts, but no Music on Hold.  I could replace some or all of the prompts with a MOH-type file but the ring tone does not go away; it only replaces the prompts.

A. Is there a way to play Music on Hold to the caller until the call is answered?

Please advise. Thank you!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    The music MOH under advanced is when the extension places someone on hold what MOH to play. Same applies to FollowMe, when a FollowMe channel places someone on hold, it’ll play the MOH specified under FollowMe.

At this time, I don’t think it is possible to share MOH across tenants. You may request this as a feature request if you want.

You can disable the FollowMe prompts under the FollowMe tab.

Finally, you can try to specify the MOH on the Inbound Route to test if that works. But I don’t think it will, since the channel was not answered yet.

The other way would be, to route the call via a queue

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reporting an Issue’ is closed to new topics and replies.