I ran into a problem making a change to the direct call pick settings in the Polycom template for a VVX 4XX series of phone with a color expansion module, and discovered duplicate entries for the a few values, that were over writing what is set through the End point manager.
In Create Template, Advanced Settings tab, Settings Groups: call
I changed the following setting
call.directedCallPickupString ** to be *07 (The default value used in VitalPBX)
After rebooting the phone, and clicking the button on the expansion module still dialed **EXTENSION instead of *07EXTENSION
I discovered call.directedCallPickupMethod and call.directed CallPickupString are located in 2 different cfg files sent to the phone.