End User Directory

VitalPBX Community Support Wish List End User Directory

Participant
    US
    Hello,

We are using the phonebook module, and it is very helpful when users are looking for a number, they simply press the XML Group button, and they can choose between the internal or external phonebook to look up a number.

However, there’s a couple of issues with that.

1. If a user is unsure in which phonebook the contact is saved, they have to search in both phonebooks.
    2. Currently, you can add in an external phonebook contact details, such as Email, Company, Position etc. But there’s no way an end user can actually see it.
    3. If you want to mass update the phonebook, I don’t see a way how you can export the current phonebook so you can add new contacts to the CSV. You can only manually add in the GUI.

Therefore, I am here to suggest the following.

1. Allow combining an internal and external phonebook. E.g. Setting up a “Phonebook Group” which will fetch the data from multiple phonebooks.
    2. Allow adding fields for internal and external contacts, such as Email, Work, Mobile & Home numbers, and maybe notes or something like that
    3. Allow accessing phonebooks in Sonata and/or in the User Portal.
    4. Once end-users can access, we should have an option to give specific users write access.
    5. Finally, users should be able to “Click to dial” same as you can do now in the portal CDR.

Thanks tons for all the effort you guys put into this amazing PBX.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Out of curiosity, is there anything in the works now for such a thing?
    giovanni.v
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    I fully agree. I also think that accessing/editing phonebook records from the user portal being the most useful feature.
    Up
    Down
    Hi There,

Answering to your questions:

1. Allow combining internal and external phonebook. E.g. Setting up a “Phonebook Group” which will fetch the data from multiple phonebooks.

Nowadays, most of the phones in the market can handle multiple phonebooks. I have seen Grandstream and Yealink phones with the option to define up to 5 phonebooks.

In addition, some phones don’t allow to group contacts, there are a few phones who allows this.

1. Allow adding fields for internal and external contacts, such as Email, Work, Mobile & Home numbers, and maybe notes or something like that.

The external contacts already have the following fields: Organization, Job Title, and Email. We will analyze the possibility to add this field for the extensions.

About the fields for additional phone numbers, let us think about it because right now we use the phone field to avoid duplicated contacts with the same number.

However, remember no all the phone brands can handle these additional fields.

1. Allow accessing phonebooks in Sonata and/or in the User Portal.
      1. Once end-users can access, we should have an option to give specific users write access.
      2. Finally, users should be able to “Click to dial” the same as you can do now in the portal CDR.

We could add a new module on the portal users where the user could access to phonebooks assigned to him, and of course, add the click to dial functionality.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.