Endpoint Manager and latest Yealink V83 Firmware

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Endpoint Manager and latest Yealink V83 Firmware

Up
Down
    Participant

I tried provisioning Yealink phone with V83 firmware through endpoint manager, the issue I encountered is that it shows warning on the screen “Default password is in use”.

Endpoint manager is setting password for web GUI that is different from default so don’t know what this error shows up.

Thanks!

-G.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    InTeleSync
    Participant

From Device Mapping choose the View Configuration icon and make certain it’s truly sending the values you expect. 

Settings -> Endpoint Manager -> General Settings [Administrator Password] overrides Settings -> Endpoint Manager -> Advanced Settings -> security [security.admin_password]

The value for

security.user_password = admin:whatever

wins.

TheG-Man
    Participant

@admin-2529

It sends that, but the phone still thinks password wasn’t changed.

The fw version is 29.83.0.120

InTeleSync
    Participant

I’m running the same lastest firmware, so my experience is that it’s not a problem with the firmware. There are some limitations for what can be set as the password, but cannot find that in any documentation. Try sending something simple like 11111. All else still failing crank up the Wireshark.

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

I have found the best way to deal with new functions on the Yealink phones is to create a config file for each type of firmware phone model  and place it in the /usr/share/ombutel/www/includes/xepm/provision/

For your firmware the file would be  y000000000029.cfg       29 being the the version of phone you are working with. For the T46S it woud be y000000000066.cfg etc…    This is the firmware model number and will cover any versions like 29.81.X.X      29.83.X.X       29.84.X.X   and so on.

This file can contain any funtions that are not covered by The Endpoint Manager and would apply to all phones of the model you are dealing with. Since the Endpoint manager only creates the mac.cfg file when the phone boots it will read both. 

Your file can contain any funtions, in the example below you can see the warnings display mode can be disabled so you won’t see the default password warning icon, also a custom wallpaper or any autoprovision parameter, but must conain the first two lines as written.

#!version:1.0.0.1

##File header “#!version:1.0.0.1” can not be edited or deleted, and must be placed in the first line.##

wallpaper_upload.url = http://10.1.10.5/xepm-provision/wallpaper.jpg

phone_setting.backgrounds = Config:wallpaper.jpg

phone_setting.warnings_display.mode = 0

phone_setting.idle_clock_display.enable = 0

TheG-Man
    Participant

@dannylarsen

It works.

Thanks!

Race
    Participant
    none
    Keep getting this error every time I’m trying to add a phone
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Daniel Blanco
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.