Endpoint manager suggestion

VitalPBX Community Support Wish List Endpoint manager suggestion

Up
Down
    Participant

Hello,

I do believe I’ve made this suggestion before. 

For Endpoint Manager template creation – create a new tab called “custom config fields”.  This tab will be an open Text Box where we can paste in provisioning parameters specific to the device / phone version we’re creating template for.

Once template saved,  these additional parameters (values) we enter will auto PREPEND to the config files that get generated for the phones to be provisioned. These values need to be inserted before the </EOF> So as long as prepended to very bottom of other generated values before the </> we should be good.

This would greatly fix issues with the EndPoint Manager missing provisioning values / options.  Let us enter our own values that are phone specific.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    InTeleSync
    Participant

These are excellent suggestions. Disappointing to see no responses from the VitalPBX side. I personally walked away from VitalPBX two months ago after the first go-round of testing for deployment into a multi-thousand extension environment, primarily due to the inadequate auto provisioning capabilities. To be blunt.. It’s near useless in a real high production environment.

So, what are the plans for improving auto provisioning? Does the incoming v3 address this at all?

mo10
    Participant

Be sure the VitalPBX guys are working hard on making the endpoint manager better.

Your suggestions are seen.

Good development takes time, so be patient and be excited on news in the next months.

toxicfusion
    Participant

I hear you and feel your pain…

I’ve nearly also abandoned VitalPBX due to bugs, instability and lack of provision options [Inconsistencies on make/model versions].

@InTelSync – PM me what you switched to. Perhaps we have trialed all the same.

InTeleSync
    Participant

I switched to creating my own provisioner! ? 

Have tested a whole gaggle of hosted PBX products with variants of Asterisk, FreeSwitch, 3CX, Broadsoft, etc.. They all have their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to provisioning through their platforms or stacks, and quite frankly I’m sick of being strapped into vendor lock. Same for the manufacturers that may have their own provisioning platforms such as Yealink’s or Grandstream’s device management systems. They’re quite nice, but only work on their products obviously.

By creating my own it gives me the flexibility to run multiple PBX platforms and buy from multiple manufacturers and bounce devices around each as needed or desired. Same concept as https://phonism.com/, I just don’t have to pay for it.

So yeah at this point I really don’t care if VitalPBX comes back with a mac daddy provisioner, hence I was able to strike that from my requirements list. Granted I’ve been developing web apps since the birth of the web itself, so I do this in my sleep (mostly nightmares). I do recommend Phonism as a viable alternative.

Thank you very much for your collaboration in the forum and for collaborating with your subscription @InTeleSync, right now we are doing an EPM with which we intend to easily include new phone models.

Dan Hole
    Participant

any idea when this will be released? will it also have the option of adding new manufactures?

I’m looking to use EPM for Gigaset N870 multicell DECT along with Yealink T46S which is included, however cannot set the VLAN.

phil
    Participant

I am frustrated that the EPM also doesnt allow me to add custom fields, I have polycom vvx phones and there are fields I need to modify but are not available in the dropdown.

Why are these fields encrypted – I see no need to encrypt phone vendor fields – in fact without encryption, would add more to people wanting to use the platform because it can be customised

I wanted to move away from freepbx – so I thought I found a viable alternative with vitalpbx…

deanwalker
    Participant
    GB
    A custom box is a fantastic ID.

For instance there is a config line missing on the yealinks for wallpaper and that would have solved the issue

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US
    Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently on the development process for the new Endpoint Manager for VitalPBX.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.