Endpoint Manager with PJSIP Extensions

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Endpoint Manager with PJSIP Extensions

Up
Down
    Participant
    US

VitalPBX 2.4.0-3
    Asterisk 16.6.2-1

Is it possible to map multiple devices for a single PJSIP extension?

Currently, when trying to do so I’m getting the attached error

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    rnbruce
    Participant

This doesn’t help but I don’t think we can do multiple devices with sip either.  Another thing to watch with PJSIP and endpoint is the port.  I would be interested in knowing if you get the right port on the devices.

PitzKey

We will check the possibility to allow (On the EPM) to use the same device in multiple phones when using PJSIP.

PitzKey
    Participant
    US

I would suggest allowing to map only the amount phones that is set on the extension’s Max Contacts. (Meaning, not allowing to map unlimited phones for PJSIP extensions)

For example: Extension 101 has Max Contacts set to 5, then EPM should allow mapping: 101-1, 101-2, 101-3, 101-4 & 101-5.

This way you can also keep track on large systems how much devices you already mapped for this extension.

@pitzkey

Maybe, but, what about if you change the max contacts? First, you set to 5 and after you set to 2?

PitzKey
    Participant
    US

I understand your concern.

Maybe you can display a warning before decreasing the contacts, that “if you have devices in endpoint manager they will be removed”. Or perhaps, same like you can’t delete an extension if there is anything pointed to this extension, you also should not be able to decrease the max contacts if there’s that amount of devices already mapped in EPM. 

Thank you

@pitzkey

We will have it in mind! 

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Hey @ing-joserivera26

This is embarrassing and I have to apologize to you. I never knew that you can have multiple devices for each extension. I realized it now when Version 3 came out and I saw the concept of setting the e911 info on the device level.

This is genius!

Now I cannot think of a reason why we should ever need to use PJSIP with multiple contacts – when there’s the wonderful option of using the built-in multiple devices. And you can provision each device in EPM.

Thank you so much!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.