Evetrnal Mobile Sip registers, connects but no audio inbound or outbound.

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Evetrnal Mobile Sip registers, connects but no audio inbound or outbound.

Participant

Regarding mobile sip phones like csipsimple

on the local network, incoming and outgoing calls a work with audio. 

The external mobile sip phone is set up as an extension and can dial in and can be dialed out  from all extensions in the setting. Just no audio after dial tone and it connects.

when calling from outside the network the phone rings and connects but there is no audio incoming or outgoing on the mobile sip phone.

Very puzzling.

sip udp port are 25069 instead of 5060  RTP 10000-20000 forwarded to pbx server ip in the router. also to note I have a dynamic IP but it seems to resolve ok in all other conditions and the PBX works well except for this. . If its a NAT issue then how do you set it up on VitalPBX.  I gave tied all the codecs but still same issue. But it does seem like a codec issue if I was to guess.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

you must to define in the sip settings module the external IP and the localo ip address.

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

You mean the section in sip settings under NAT called Local Networks

Thank you mrivera. Say for example my PBX server IP 192.168.1.145  and I enter it . I get these errors

• Local Networks must have a valid IP address.
    • Local Networks require both an IP address and netmask.
    what would be the acceptable format example below of what I have

Local Networks

ipaddress                             subnet mask
    192.168.1.145                         255.255.255.0

Up
    Down

I am attaching an example about how to configure the Nat and local networks section in the SIP settings module.

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

thank you the screenshot helped.

To be  clear, is the external IP the IP  of the domain the router is attached to 

and  Local network IP is the VitalPBX Server on the local network.

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yes I understand now thank you it works with your helpful suggestions with csipsimple at least the preliminary testing i can hear audio

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.