Extremely slow navigation

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Extremely slow navigation

Participant
    We have installed VitalPBX on new dedicated server with 8 core processor, 32GB RAM and dual SSDs on RAID 1. We installed CentOS 7 and then installed VitalPBX.

Some reason the web interface is running extremely slow since day one. I was not able to find anyway to speed it up. I verified and made sure all the components are uptodate.

Once you click on any menu item, the green bar on top atleast takes 5 seconds to complete and navigate. Does anyone else have this issue?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    NI
    Up
    Down
    You could enter the console by ssh and run “top” command and send the information that shows you, with this we will see what process is occupying the resources of the server.
    Chintan Shukla
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    CPU Usage is always around 1%. Attached is the snapshot.

Version : 2.4.2-3
    Asterisk : Asterisk 16.6.2
    Linux Version : CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core)
    Load : Last Minute: 0.04, Last 5 Minutes: 0.11, Last 15 Minutes: 0.13
    Clock : Sun 2020-06-14 23:37:42 CDT
    NTP Sync. : yes

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Up
    Down
    How is the CPU usage on VitalPBX dashboard?

Do you have a good network connection?, Did you already try in another network?

According to the snapshot, I don’t see any anormal activity.

Chintan Shukla
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    CPU Usage on dashboard is usually 5% to 8% as soon as I log in and then it drops to 2% or 1%. It takes atleast 3 to 5 seconds to go to different options. We have GigE directly to Internet in our own rack. I tried from same network/switch as well but speed issue continues.

Is that because I did not install VitalPBX via customized ISO? I had to install Cent OS 7 first and then VitalPBX via script. Not sure if that would make any difference.

Up
    Down
    According to the info your server has enough capacity to run the PBX faster.

I think it could be something related to the writing velocity of the hard drive.

Just to discard any issue, you should try to install the PBX on a vps for comparing the speed of GUI

deanwalker
    Participant
    GB
    Up
    Down
    We have had the same issue with Vital

I have tested this on servers in the US and UK. Dedicated Gigabit up and down links. Big servers, small servers and even a local server using a nvme ssd with around 2gb write speed.

Its never been quick for me but useable

Up
    Down
    Did you ever tested on digital ocean?

If you give us access through SSH and Web, we can validate the issue, because we are not able to reproduce it in any of our installations.

Chintan Shukla
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thanks Jose. let me send you access.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.