fail2ban broken CPU

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion fail2ban broken CPU

Participant

Hello,

Fail2ban again eating 100% CPU…  vitalPBX repo is broken as well? Annoyed……  I NEED STABLE for customers! Sorry to vent, but will pay for stable if needed.

Otherwise I need to resort to Bicom systems.

Ended up doing ‘yum remove -y fail2ban’.  This when things broke.  Unable to re-install VitalPBX packages

dependancies removed;

vitalpbx.x86_64 0:2.3.6-1 vitalpbx-api-v2.x86_64 0:1.0.0-5 vitalpbx-dynamic-routing.x86_64 0:2.2.1-1 vitalpbx-fail2ban-config.noarch 0:2.0.0-1 vitalpbx-g729.x86_64 0:2.0.0-1 vitalpbx-monitor.x86_64 0:2.3.6-1
    vitalpbx-themes.x86_64 0:2.3.6-1

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package fail2ban.noarch 0:0.9.7-1.el7 will be erased
    –> Processing Dependency: fail2ban >= 0.9.7 for package: vitalpbx-fail2ban-config-2.0.0-1.noarch
    —> Package vitalpbx-fail2ban-config.noarch 0:2.0.0-1 will be erased
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx-fail2ban-config >= 2.0.0-1 for package: vitalpbx-2.3.6-1.x86_64
    —> Package vitalpbx.x86_64 0:2.3.6-1 will be erased
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.3.6 for package: vitalpbx-themes-2.3.6-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.2.1 for package: vitalpbx-dynamic-routing-2.2.1-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.2.0 for package: vitalpbx-monitor-2.3.6-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.0.0 for package: vitalpbx-g729-2.0.0-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.3.4 for package: vitalpbx-api-v2-1.0.0-5.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.3.6 for package: vitalpbx-themes-2.3.6-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.2.1 for package: vitalpbx-dynamic-routing-2.2.1-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.2.0 for package: vitalpbx-monitor-2.3.6-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.0.0 for package: vitalpbx-g729-2.0.0-1.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: vitalpbx >= 2.3.4 for package: vitalpbx-api-v2-1.0.0-5.x86_64
    —> Package vitalpbx-api-v2.x86_64 0:1.0.0-5 will be erased
    —> Package vitalpbx-dynamic-routing.x86_64 0:2.2.1-1 will be erased
    —> Package vitalpbx-g729.x86_64 0:2.0.0-1 will be erased
    —> Package vitalpbx-monitor.x86_64 0:2.3.6-1 will be erased
    —> Package vitalpbx-themes.x86_64 0:2.3.6-1 will be erased
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirror.math.princeton.edu
    * epel: mirror.umd.edu
    * extras: mirror.math.princeton.edu
    * updates: mirror.math.princeton.edu
    No package vitalpbx.x86_64 available.
    No package 0:2.3.6-1 available.
    No package vitalpbx-api-v2.x86_64 available.
    No package 0:1.0.0-5 available.
    No package vitalpbx-dynamic-routing.x86_64 available.
    No package 0:2.2.1-1 available.
    No package vitalpbx-fail2ban-config.noarch available.
    No package 0:2.0.0-1 available.
    No package vitalpbx-g729.x86_64 available.
    No package 0:2.0.0-1 available.
    No package vitalpbx-monitor.x86_64 available.
    No package 0:2.3.6-1 available.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
    toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just resorted to pulling down the vps.sh from github and grabbed out the

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/VitalPBX/VPS/master/resources/vitalpbx.repo

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Appears by removing fail2ban it stripped the vitalPBX repo.

Re-installed, back to normal. however, it installed ALOT of other packages

yum install -y vitalpbx-*

also installed “Domotic”

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok…

How do I remove all these add-ons that got installed via the repo?  Please fix….   I’m growing very frustrated and annoyed this morning.

Need a way to ‘remove add-on’,  Only shows ‘installed’.  Am I missing something?

Appears doing yum install -y vitalpbx-*  with having your .repo installed,  It installs EVERYTHING even without needing license. . whoops?

Up
    Down
    • Fail2ban get high CPU when you have massive attacks and not too many resources (RAM & CPU), for this issue I recommend you to install the GEO firewall and block all the countries that you have not a business with. With the GEO firewall, you will decrease considerably the consumption of resources by fail2ban.
    • If you execute the command “yum install -y vitalpbx-*” it will install all the vitalpbx packages including add-ons.
    • About the license, it doesn’t really matter, because all our add-ons come with a free version (demo version), so, you can install it without buying a license, but obviously, you will have some limitations.
    • We will make possible to uninstall add-ons from the GUI soon
    toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Could you perhaps help provide a shell script that removes all add-ons. All add-ons that are not relevant to core VitalPBX install?

That would greatly help right now :).

I’ll install the GEO firewall,  Fail2ban is in failed state, wont start.  I deleted log files.

Up
    Down

You may use the following command to list all the installed packages related to vitalpbx:

rpm -qa | grep vitalpbx

Now that you have the list of packages, you may use the command:

yum remove NAME_OF_THE_PACKAGE

e.g:

yum remove vitalpbx-queues-callback
    toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Gotcha!  I wasnt thinking that forward in regard to manually parsing and removing the packages.

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m just use to running PBX in VPS instances that are 1-2vCPU core and 1G ram.  Most VitalPBX instances run just fine.  But gets little heavy with the add-ons..

Historically Ive ran PBX instances with even 512mb ram.. Askozia….

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

FYI: removing package vitalpbx-dynamic-routing-2.2.1-1.x86_64

removed vitalpbx again

re-added vitalpbx repo.

yum install -y vitalpbx

that resolved issue and only installed vitalPBX core without addons

vitalpbx-*,  will include vitalpbx + all add-ons

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Also webUI has old traces of the uninstalled plugins.   Hopeful there is a fix for that in the future.

We are willing to pay for system or donate to license and modules. But need easier management. Things like this makes lives difficult when managing numerous instances.  I may need to move to MT configuration(s). However, these issues would still be relevant to a single install with the add-ons tied to MT..

If vitalPBX can tidy up and come in to beat Bicom in price and capability.  WIN

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Install is completely hosed up.  Performed backup via Backup & Restore, took the .tar file.  Re-installed server, uploaded (took fover).  Watched it via ps aux |grep tar

…. it restored extensions, but later failed. Didnt restore any SIP trunk, or registering the phones, nothing.

Luckily, have VPS snapshots and am restoring to that. 

is there a way to simply export asterisks extensions config? and re-install? or is it all compacted into ombutel sql DB

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Latest update:

resolved fail2ban CPU issue, system is now nominal.

systemctl stop fail2ban
    truncate -s 0 /var/log/fail2ban.log
    rm /var/lib/fail2ban/fail2ban.sqlite3
    systemctl start fail2ban

However, still have old add-ons scattered throughout webUI.  Also, backup restore does not work. Reverted to snapshot. Not ideal. Really like to re-install, but reload with just asterisk extensions.conf

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘fail2ban broken CPU’ is closed to new replies.