Fax Email Signature

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Fax Email Signature

Participant

Presently, Fax email signature says VitalPBX. This is confusing to our customers sometimes as they don’t trust the email. Does the new update give us the chance to update this? Or did I miss something elsewhere?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Try updating the Virtual Faxes add-on, the branding add-on, and the Core, because, in the latest versions, the VitalPBX string is replaced with the app name value on the branding module.

Mrshanks
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Okay. I’ll try that and send a test. If it does not work, I’ll update you. Otherwise, assume it did. You guys are great. Thanks!

Mrshanks
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just an update.

We updated the whole PBX to latest version and also the modules. However, when a fax is received it says “You have received a fax” and still says VitalPBX in signature. Ideally, we’d like to be able to edit the subject and signature and content using variables. Yes, I know it is on the roadmap per the class.

However, the signature line did not change. Is there something else I should be doing?

Up
    Down

As a workaround, in the file /usr/share/ombutel/i18n/en_US/virtual_faxes.txt

Search for the following lines:

fax_recvd.success.message
    fax_recvd.success.subject

Change them according to your needs.

Mrshanks
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks. I removed the variables on those lines for time being. I expect this file to be overwritten on next update correct? Just want to make sure I have a process to deal with it for the meantime.

Up
    Down

Yes, this file will be overwritten on the next update.

Up
    Down

We just released an update of the Virtual Faxes add-on to fix the reported issue.

InTeleSync
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Works well. Thank you.

Mrshanks
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you. There’s another issue that I’ll email you about privately. It’s not urgent.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Fax Email Signature’ is closed to new replies.