Fax through ATA

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Fax through ATA

Participant

Hi, trying to get faxes to go through an ATA (Cisco SPA112). The calls go through and the noises sound right but faxes are not working. I’ve changed the codec all the way through to alaw (on ATA, ext, outbound route and even the trunk configuration from the provider). Can seem to work out what’s going on.

Does anyone have a working fax ATA system working?

Thanks,

Joe

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Did you already try our newest fax module?

AussieJoe
    Participant
    Up
    Down

No, but looking at the way the Fax Module works it is not very user friendly for staff who don’t don’t use a computer. We don’t use a lot of faxes but still need some. Much easier to simply use the existing fax hardware we have. The ATA should work but I can’t seem to get the correct settings. Just thought that there may be someone there who has a working ATA with VitalPBX.

TIA

Joe

Up
    Down

Does your fax machine support for a SIP account?

AussieJoe
    Participant
    Up
    Down

No, it is a standard fax. I looked though all the settings hoping that it would support SIP or T.38 but it doesn’t seem to. Perhaps a different ATA may work but I can’t just keep buying ATAs until I find one that work. This one should do it I think. From what I understand through a bit of research FoIP is rarely very reliable. I’d like to get it working a little.

Thanks again.

Joe

Up
    Down

So, how do you have connected the Fax to the PBX? may you expose or explain the environment?

AussieJoe
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I use an ATA (Cisco SPA112). This is an analogue to digital converter basically. It has 2 analogue ports and an ethernet port. You configure it to use a SIP account on the extension programmed in the PBX it can then use analogue equipment (phones faxes etc). Voice seems OK but faxes are more prone to issues. I read mixed success rates online and was hoping I would find a setup that would work for me here. In Australia the Government are forcing a cutting of analogue services so we cannot keep an analogue line going.

Thanks again,

Joe

Up
    Down

Which version of VitalPBX are you running?

Up
    Down

Do you have configured your PBX as shown in the attached picture?

AussieJoe
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hi mrivera,

I’ve tried those settings and the fax to e-mail did not work. Logs showed an error. I’ll try again with recent update and post results. How would that work for outbound faxes?

Thanks,

Joe

Up
    Down

For use the “Fax to email” feature, you must configure an email account on the Email Settings module

AussieJoe
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yes, I have working e-mail system which works fine for other extensions with voicemail. I can see how this would work for inbound faxes but it would not work for outbound.

Joe

Rickstone
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    I got your issue here. Which fax service are you using right now? Would you mind to try this cocofax service? This is even better for the newbies because no hidden charge or monthly fees available for the first month. So I would like to recommend you to try cocofax. This will help you how to send fax online visit this web-site for more details. I hope that help!
    Callahan M
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Sorry to hear about it. According to my experience users should have some of kind of experience using fax services. For the new users, I found GoogleFaxFree which is useful and helps how to send lots of faxes effectively. For those users must try Google fax services here’s a great place to get started. Use and enjoy. LOL!
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Sorry to hear about it. According to my experience users should have some of kind of experience using fax services. For the new users, I found GoogleFaxFree which is useful and helps how to send lots of faxes effectively. For those users must try Google fax services here’s a great place to get started. Use and enjoy. LOL!

This is a spam post.

VitalPBX works great with the Fax to Email, as well as using an ATA.

Take your BS somewhere else…

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.