Faxing Via ATA

Participant
    For an inbound route with fax detection configured,what is the difference of sending the detected fax to  Fax Settings – 300 vs Extension – 300?

If I use Fax Settings – 300 and I set the extension as Fax to Mail enabled, I do get the fax in my email box, but without the setting, I can’t get seem to make the faxes reach the fax machine which is connected to vital via a SPA112 ATA.

Attaching a log, pbx returns OK response, yet fax never reaches the fax-machine.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    Mrshanks
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    You do not want to use PBX-based fax detection when utilizing an ATA. Just route the call directly to the ATA and make all of the necessary adjustments for jitter and t.38 pass-thru.
    mtsi.tech
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Would be great if VitalPBX could send faxes out without the need for a modem. Are you seriously suggesting we need to go to the dump and dig for USRobotics 14.4. modems now…Come on…

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    You can send Faxes from the VitalPBX UI using the Virtual Faxes add-on. With it you use a Virtual FAX Machine instead of a physical FAX Machine.

What @Mrshanks is saying is that if you are planning on using an ATA to connect a physical FAX machine, there is no need to detect faxes on the PBX. The FAX machine is the one that is in charge of that. There’s no need to use an external modem. Having the call routed directly to the FAX machine would be the same as having a direct line connected to it. No need for modems in between, since FAX machines are the ones that process that FAX signal.

You have either the physical FAX machine process the signaling or the PBX. But you wouldn’t be able to have both.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Tagged: ,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.