‘Features Password’ Merge Field on Welcome Letter Email Template

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion ‘Features Password’ Merge Field on Welcome Letter Email Template

Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

We had a version of our welcome letter in the past that was able to prepopulate the ‘features password’ on the email. I can’t seem to find it anymore, was it removed?

We were hoping to sync some of the Web-RTC login passwords with the features password, but I don’t see it in the drop down menu anymore. If it is not available in the dropdown menu, will ${FEATURESPWD} (or something along those lines?) work?

I can post photos if needed.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    fnlauria
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    That’s a good question!

Is there somewhere / someway we can find a copy of the “default” Extension Welcome Email template?

Also, there seem to be some ${} variables that were on that Welcome Email that are not present in the ‘Variables’ drop-down list.

i.e. I don’t see a variable for features_pw but I do see one called ${FEATURES}  …is that for the right one??

Anyone who can Help… thank you!

Up
    Down
    You need to go to Admin > System Settings > Email Templates and edit Extension Welcome Email. you can use ${FEATURESPWD} even if it’s not on the drop-down list.
    Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Thanks Diego! I had a feeling it was available, I appreciate it.
    Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    I can’t actually get this to work. The email has ${FEATURESPWD} directly in the text. It is not populating correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is the user’s email available in a similar way?

Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    This is what’s showing up in the email. Please let me know what I’m doing wrong.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Up
    Down
    Sorry. Try To Use ${FEATPWD} I just tested it in the lab and it works.
    Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Thanks, that’s working.

Is there a similar process for populating the user’s email, or no? I was asking just in case, thanks a bunch!

Up
    Down
    The variable of User Email is not available at the moment.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.