- April 24, 2019 at 12:55 pm
I’ll start by explaining what I would like to accomplish (and I’ve done this with other asterisk based PBXs, such as freepbx or piaf in the past).
When a call comes in to an extension, I would like both the desk phone and an external phone (or list of extensions) to ring at the same time.
Looking at the web interface, it would appear to be something that can be done.
On other asterisk systems I would normally set number of rings for the extension to be 0, then setup the follow me to ring both the extension and any other number of extensions or external numbers, with say a 20s ring time and a ring all strategy. This works exactly as expected.
With the VitalPBX interface, you can’t set the extension to 0s (shortest is 5s) for ring time. And using ring all and a list of numbers in the follow me results in only the first in the list being run.
Is there some option I’m missing to make this work? If not, I’d like to ask for a change to me made to the system for this to be able to work.
- April 25, 2019 at 12:07 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 12:18 pm
You are right, Follow Me List will only call one number even if there are more. WHY?
What you could do:
Add a Ring Group with Number 300 (PBX > Call Center > Ring Groups)
And add all the extensions and external Numbers you want there.
Then go to the Follow Me List and Add 300 there.0
- April 25, 2019 at 12:19 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 12:24 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 12:26 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 3:38 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 4:06 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 4:14 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 4:54 pm
- April 25, 2019 at 4:59 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.