Follow-Me problem

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Follow-Me problem

Participant

I’ll start by explaining what I would like to accomplish (and I’ve done this with other asterisk based PBXs, such as freepbx or piaf in the past).

When a call comes in to an extension, I would like both the desk phone and an external phone (or list of extensions) to ring at the same time.

Looking at the web interface, it would appear to be something that can be done.

On other asterisk systems I would normally set number of rings for the extension to be 0, then setup the follow me to ring both the extension and any other number of extensions or external numbers, with say a 20s ring time and a ring all strategy.  This works exactly as expected.

With the VitalPBX interface, you can’t set the extension to 0s (shortest is 5s) for ring time.  And using ring all and a list of numbers in the follow me results in only the first in the list being run.

Is there some option I’m missing to make this work?  If not, I’d like to ask for a change to me made to the system for this to be able to work.

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
    mo10
    none
    Up
    Down

Shouldn’t a Ring Group be right for you?
    PBX > Call Center > Ring Groups

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down

You are right, Follow Me List will only call one number even if there are more. WHY?

What you could do:
    Add a Ring Group with Number 300 (PBX > Call Center > Ring Groups)
    And add all the extensions and external Numbers you want there.

Then go to the Follow Me List and Add 300 there.

CoryEakins
    Participant
    Up
    Down

It’s not.  A follow-me is a ring group for an individual extension, where a ring group is at the system level and does not handle a the scenario of a call directly to an extension.

CoryEakins
    Participant
    Up
    Down

while that may work, a ring group can not be changed by a user.  A follow-me can be changed by a normal user.

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: CoryEakins

while that may work, a ring group can not be changed by a user.  A follow-me can be changed by a normal user.

You are right, so what is wrong the the Follow Me list VitalPBX-Team?

Up
    Down

We will check it!

Are you using internal numbers only, for your follow-me?

CoryEakins
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve tried it with both internal and external.

Up
    Down

Do you have a call log from Asterisk CLI?

CoryEakins
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ll do a few tests, and grab the logs from my test environment.

Up
    Down

You may send the logs to my email (miguel@vitalpbx.com) to analyze them.

CoryEakins
    Participant
    Up
    Down

one mistake in my earlier recollection.  If the follow me contains the extension + anything else, only the extension rings.

I’ve bundled up the logs, and sent you an email with details on each test call.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.