Getting an error updating from 2.1.1-1 to 2.3.0.-2

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Getting an error updating from 2.1.1-1 to 2.3.0.-2

Participant
    none

When updating from the gui from 2.1.1-1 to 2.3.0-2

After clicking for the update, I get a red error

“Cannot update to the latest version”

Thanks

Viewing 14 replies - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Replies
    DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

I moved my backup to a fresh server and it solved the issue with the CDR not showing up

However I now see that I cannot save any changes in the System/Misc section

Such as Time, Notification and Storage

This issue shows up on the fresh server install and the updated server

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

Also the Backup/Restore function won’t take a backup file larger than 150M

So I had to unzip the Call Recordings and VoiceMail by hand

Thanks

Up
    Down
    Posted by: DannyLarsen

I moved my backup to a fresh server and it solved the issue with the CDR not showing up

However I now see that I cannot save any changes in the System/Misc section

Such as Time, Notification and Storage

This issue shows up on the fresh server install and the updated server

About this issue, I just tried in a clean installation but the only thing that I noticed was that I can’t update the time zone when the NTP is enabled. However, if you disable the NTP, you may update the timezone.

I didn’t see any other issue on this module.

Up
    Down
    Posted by: DannyLarsen

Also the Backup/Restore function won’t take a backup file larger than 150M

So I had to unzip the Call Recordings and VoiceMail by hand

Thanks

About this, you may set the maximum upload size in the following file: /etc/php.d/vpbx.ini and then restart the httpd service (systemctl restart httpd). 

We expect to make the max upload size parameter available from the GUI in the next versions.

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

Another issue we are seeing here is associated with voice mail. The mailboxes after the update were disabled but showing enabled in the web gui. I had to do an update on each extensions voice mail then a reload in order to re enable them

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

Also Message waiting indication no longer works in V2.3.0-3

Testing on Yealink T46S and T54S phones which was working previously

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

On a Yealink T23G, the Missed Call light shows BUT the Message Waiting Indicator light doe snot come on. However if I do a Core Reload the MWI shows and the LCD displays shows there is a New VoiceMail

However when I access voicemail and delete the message, the Missed Call and MWI lights and the New VoiceMail display on the LCD screen all will not turn off. If I repeat the Core Reload, MWI and New VM message do get cleared, but Missed Call lamp continues to flash.

Looks like something has become scrambled in the last update?

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: tonywhelan

On a Yealink T23G, the Missed Call light shows BUT the Message Waiting Indicator light doe snot come on. However if I do a Core Reload the MWI shows and the LCD displays shows there is a New VoiceMail

However when I access voicemail and delete the message, the Missed Call and MWI lights and the New VoiceMail display on the LCD screen all will not turn off. If I repeat the Core Reload, MWI and New VM message do get cleared, but Missed Call lamp continues to flash.

Looks like something has become scrambled in the last update?

Ah, the Missed Call light is not a problem, I forgot that you have to press the History button to clear it.

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just tested this with a different handset – a Grandstream GXP1610 handeset.

Same problem – the Message Waiting Indicator light does not come on. If I do a Core Reload the MWI shows, and I get stutter dialtone ok. But then I delete the message, the MWI continues to show and stutter dialtone remains.

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just tested the last beta version of VitalPBX (2.2.2-1rc) on a spare machine and the same problem existed on that version – no MWI or stutter dialtone till core reload, can’t clear MWI till do another core reload. Tested with a SNOM300 handset on this one.

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: tonywhelan

Just tested the last beta version of VitalPBX (2.2.2-1rc) on a spare machine and the same problem existed on that version – no MWI or stutter dialtone till core reload, can’t clear MWI till do another core reload. Tested with a SNOM300 handset on this one.

On that test machine I just did an update to the latest VitalPBX version, and the problem has disappeared on that machine.

But my production machine  continues to have the problem, even though it is up-to-date.

Very confusing.

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

Sorry here is another issue I found when adding a fax device

When applying the changes I get this error

I did remove the fax module via yum and reinstall,  same issue

Up
    Down

Just change the owner and group to apache for that file

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

The file did not exist, so I created it and changed the ownership

It is working now

Thank you

Viewing 14 replies - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.