How to combine CID consolidation and DID inbound routing

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion How to combine CID consolidation and DID inbound routing

Participant
    Up
    Down
    We have a set of inbound routes that consolidate the incoming CIDs into a consistent number format. This is done witn some inbound routes with different CID patterns and a set of coresponding CID modifiers. All of these rules go to a night mode destination for further processinng, and at this point the CID numbers all have the correct format.

So far this works well, but we also have some special DID numbers that should go elsewhere. I can add additional inbound routes for these DID numbers but then the CID modifying routes aren’e executed and consequently the CIDs of these special routes are not corrected.

What I want is to have a set of CID modifier rules that work on all incoming calls whatsoever, and then make additional decisions for special DIDs, buit it seems that the inbound routes can’t do both.  It would be ideal to have a set of inbound rules that do the preprosessing depending on CID pattern and then another set of incoming rules that decide where to go according to DID numbers.

How can this be achieved without external scripting?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down
    No, the feature you are mentioning doesn’t exist on VitalPBX.
    kasto
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    OK, as an alternative I could write a custom extension that does all the number manipulation stuff and would be executed immediately before the “Inbound Routes” module is entered. It should be executed on all calls from any trunk.

But we can’t find a dialplan hook for this. Is there a way to put in custom code between incoming calls and the inbound routes of VitalPBX that is likely to survive future updates?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.