How to disable 401 challenge from Vital PBX for an inbound invite from the Trunk

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion How to disable 401 challenge from Vital PBX for an inbound invite from the Trunk

Participant
    Hi,

I have configured a Twilio Trunk in our Vital PBX but every time a call routed via Twilio  to our Vital user, Vital PBX sends 401 challenge and the call fails because from point of view its a Trunk and sent to a configured peer (Vital PBX).

Strangely the 401 from the PBX is not persistent.

I have even configured insecure parameter on the trunk to Invite, and Port under Incoming calls and Outbound calls under the Trunk configuration.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gajendra

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down
    What version of VitalPBX are you using?
    gajendra1076
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hi Jose,

Its the following hosted on GCP for a PoC, once we have success for the PoC we are planning to take the enterprise version when we launch our services.

VitalPBX 2.4.2-7
    Asterisk 16.11.1-1
    DAHDI 2.11.1-7

Thanks

Gajendra

gajendra1076
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hi Jose,

Its the following hosted on GCP for a PoC, once we have success for the PoC we are planning to take the enterprise version when we launch our services.

VitalPBX 2.4.2-7
    Asterisk 16.11.1-1
    DAHDI 2.11.1-7

Thanks

Gajendra

Up
    Down
    For incoming calls Twilio uses different  IP addresses, so, when using SIP you must create one trunk for each of these IPs. When using PJSIP, you only need to define the IP addresses with the CIDR in the match field, so, with PJSIP you will need only one trunk.

Here’s the link with the origination IP addresses of Twilio:

https://www.twilio.com/docs/sip-trunking#ip-addresses

gajendra1076
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thanks Miguel,

However the twilio host which I have configured in the “Remote Host” field is a FQDN instead of IP address.

As you rightly said the twilio FQDN vpbx-apptomato.pstn.ie1.twilio.com resolves to the following IPs :

Also I have configured the above IPs in the firewall  whitelist

If I configure an IP address and when Vital PBX sends an outbound call it may add ip address as hostname instead of the fqdn and Twilio may reject the invite.

Secondly can add multiple IP addresses in the host field or with prefix max?

I am attaching an screen shot for your reference

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Up
    Down
    I recommend you to use PJSIP instead of SIP.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.