How to fix mariadb root password issue?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion How to fix mariadb root password issue?

Participant

I noticed that I get an error when I go to PBX >> Extensions >> Extensions. The error is:

Exception: Argument 1 passed to ombutelquery::select() must be an instance of ombutelschema, null given, called in /usr/share/ombutel/www/includes/persistent.php on line 0 and defined at file /usr/share/ombutel/www/includes/query.php on line 0

So I did some forum research before posting, and the most common answer is to do a ‘vitalpbx build-db’ from the console. When I go there, here’s what I get:

[root@pbx includes]# vitalpbx build-db
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: NO)’ in /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches:0
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches(0): PDO->__construct()
    #1 /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches(0): patcher->query()
    #2 /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches(0): patcher->have_patch_table()
    #3 /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches(0): patcher->applied()
    #4 /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches(0): patcher->apply()
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/apply_patches on line 0
    Done

I know the root password of the mariadb instance. I tried it via “mysql -u root -p” and got right in. So, what do I need to do for VitalPBX to also know this password, and will it resolve my original issue?

PBX is running fine, otherwise. But I sort of do have to be able to add/edit/delete extensions. 🙂

System Info:

Distro CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core)
    Kernel 3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.x86_64
    Asterisk 16.6.2
    VitalPBX 2.4.0-5
    Last boot Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:04:19 -0500

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

VitalPBX comes configured to work with MySQL (MariaDB) root user but without password. So, let us analyze with calm a solution for you.

The only thing I can recommend you now is to remove the password for the root user

anomaly0617
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That fixed it. While I’m not all that thrilled with no root password being on the mysql (mariadb) service on the server, it’s behind a dedicated hardware based firewall, so the risk should be minimal. Once the password was reset to nothing, it allowed me to run vitalpbx build-db, which in turn resolved the extensions problem. For those that need the command to reset the password to nothing, its:

mysqladmin -u root -p'oldpassword' password ''

Thanks!
    anomaly0617
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That fixed it. While I’m not all that thrilled with no root password being on the mysql (mariadb) service on the server, it’s behind a dedicated hardware based firewall, so the risk should be minimal. Once the password was reset to nothing, it allowed me to run vitalpbx build-db, which in turn resolved the extensions problem. For those that need the command to reset the password to nothing, its:

mysqladmin -u root -p'oldpassword' password ''

Thanks!
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to fix mariadb root password issue?’ is closed to new replies.