How to use ‘Languages’ under Incoming Calls

VitalPBX Community Support Frequently Asked Questions How to use ‘Languages’ under Incoming Calls

Participant
    Up
    Down
    I am new to vitalpbx but have worked with many asterisk systems for the better part of 10 years. I am impressed with the speed and easy to navigate gui. Truly amazing job! I can see this as an integral part of my offering to my clients going forward. However, I have the following question, hopefully somebody can help.

The instructions say: “This module is used for when you want to change the language of the voice guide in the course of a call, such as when an IVR is used and the user selects a language.”

That sounds like exactly what I need to do, but can somebody explain how?

My situation is, I have an inbound route going to an IVR which has instructions but at the end of the instructions, I want to instruct the caller “For service in French, press 9” If they press 9, I direct the call to another IVR with a french recording, which is fine, but all the asterisk prompts are in the default language still. For example Dial by name, or invalid entry, timeout, etc.

I have figured out how to change the entire system’s language, which gives me the same issue but in reverse.

I feel link I’m missing something very obvious. Can somebody direct me?

Many thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by em3services.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    em3services
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    After a lot of experimenting, I figured out how to do this… for the most part. I have only one issue. Is there any way to get the dial by name directory in an alternate language?

My scenario is the following:

Call comes in goes to IVR – in the IVR I have my usual options but I also have two special cases. 1. for service in french press 9 and 2. to consult the directory press #.  Under entries in the IVR for ‘9’ I chose languages and IVR-FR (which I setup under incoming calls > languages). PERFECT! this worked like a charm, very happy about this. Now I need to solve my dial by name directory issue. In order to get this setup, I used a custom destination, number to dial is 411 and name is ‘Directory’ so under my entry for “#” I choose custom destinations and directory and it works perfectly in the first language. I tried to use languages under incoming calls to setup a french version of directory and specifying it in the IVR, but that didn’t work. All voice prompts of 411 come in the language specified in the inbound route.

Does anybody know how I can accomplish what I need to do? Help is greatly appreciated!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by em3services.
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down

First of all you need to install the language you want to use, go to: Settings/Voice Prompts Asterisk Sound

Then you create the language in PBX/Incomings Calls Languages and Create the leguanges that you are going to use and select the language.

Here make sure that the Destination is the one you want after the language change, that is, the destination you would have in the IVR.

Now, in the IVR when you press 9 you must go to the language change, which in your case is French.

em3services
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you for your reply. I did exactly what you said and it works perfectly. But my only issue that I have still is the feature code 411 which is dial by name directory, or phonebook, or company directory.  I want users to have an option in the IVR to consult the directory and find the extension of a person. So what I did to get this working is I created a custom destination, number to dial is 411 and Description is Directory. So now in the IVR for the directory option, I set # to custom destination and chose directory, so when caller presses #, it works, they can hear the dial by name directory.

My only issue now is that if a caller enters 9, gets service in french, then presses # for the directory, he hears voice prompts for the directory in English.

Thoughts?

em3services
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Any help on this would be much appreciated. This is the only thing I can’t seem to get resolved in this deployment.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.