I need to be able to put a prefix in the trunk settings not outbound routes

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion I need to be able to put a prefix in the trunk settings not outbound routes

Up
Down
    Participant

I have multiple sip trunks, in this example I will use 2

Sip trunk A needs all calls prefixed with 123#

Sip trunk B needs all calls prefixed with 456#

If I create a outbound route for NXXNXXXXX to use trunk A with prefix 123# and the call setup fails how do I move on to Trunk B which needs a different prefix

If we could have a option of putting the prefix in the trunk programming it would work, please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Thank you,

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies

Do you want to prepend that numbers? Are required by your provider?

Gary
    Participant

Each provider requires every call to have a prepend, 123#NXXNXXXXX, 123#1NXXNXXXXX, and so on.

I think I used the wrong term in my first post, “prefix”. I need to prepend each call going out to these providers.

I’m thinking if I could set the prepend in the trunk settings then in outbound routes I could list multiple trunks.

Steve
    Participant

I am not sure I fully understand, but I think I do.  I have to prepend a “tech prefix” to each call that includes an asterisk (“*”).  I did it this way and it seems to work: I have (3) three entries all with the Prepend listed below:

Prepend

techprefix* (The number that’s put in front of each call that I make)

Prefix

Nothing there

Pattern

+1NXXNXXXXXX

1NXXNXXXXXX

NXXNXXXXXX

I hope this is what you was looking for and it works for you.

Gary
    Participant

Thank you, but that’s not what I am looking for, what i need is if a outbound call is made to NXXNXXXXXX I need it routed to my first trunk like this 123#NXXNXXXXXX if the call is rejected it needs to try the next trunk which needs 456#NXXNXXXXXX adding the prepend for the first call attempt is simple but you can’t define a prepend change when moving to the next trunk.

A new version of VitalPBX has been released, on this version it is possible to send an outbound routes to a failover destination, this can be useful to resolve your problem, you can create two outbound routes, one of them who prepend 123# and the other who prepend #456.

The first outbound route with the prepend 123# will have as destination the next outbound route with the prepend #456.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.