Impoosible to register extension on VitalPBX communicator/Microsip/Tapi driver

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Impoosible to register extension on VitalPBX communicator/Microsip/Tapi driver

Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

For one of our clients we have set up a VitalPBX voip solution. On her 2 Gigaset phones (1 portable, 1 fixed) we can register the corresponding extensions (200 and 201) perfectly. However, when we try to add extension number 203 to a MicroSip or VitalPBX communicator, we get a registration failure: 408 Request timeout.

I’ve double checked the login and password, it is correct. So is all the other data. Could you think of any reason as to why I cannot register this extension?

Thanks in advance!

Sébastien

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Sébastien

There are several things you can check:

1.- If you are creating SIP extensions in VitalPBX version 3, the registration port is 5062. The PJSIP registration port is 5060.

2.- Verify that the Firewall has not blocked the IP of the computers where you are registering the Softphones. Go to Admin / Firewall / Settings BANLIST TAB

3.- When creating the extension, if it is PJSIP, verify that the profile you are using is correct: Default PJSIP

SebastienCGM
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

Thank you for your response, we already tried all those steps, I should have mentioned that 🙂 We only create SIP-extensiosn, and not PJSIP.

Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    When using SIP in version 3, you must set the Domain of the VitalPBX Communicator to port 5062, for example: 192.168.10.50:5062
    SebastienCGM
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

I’ve tried everything:

• with port number after the ip-adress
    • without port number after the ip-adress
    • with port number after the website adress
    • without port number after the website adress

And all with the same result you can find as screenshot in the attachments.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    You don’t need to put anything in the proxy field, please delete that content.
    SebastienCGM
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

Deleting that field did not change the registering…But I’ve tried it with creating a new PJSIP extension, and PJSIP does get registered, so the problem seems to lie with SIP extensions. We’ll start using PJSIP from now on.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.