Initial thoughts on VitXi

VitalPBX Community Support VitXi WebRTC Initial thoughts on VitXi

Participant
    Hello, and congrats on the VitXi WebRTC release.  It looks great so far.  I just wanted to offer my initial impressions.

1. For me, this first request is by far the most important, as it really hinders my ability for VitXi to work as my “daily driver”…  Ring (and anything else that’s not the actual voice content) should be on it’s own audio channel.  For headset users, this is pretty much a necessity, as you almost always will want the ring to come through the system audio output (unless you plan to wear your headset all day).
    2. After I click on the dialpad, I immediately want to start typing numbers, but the focus is still in the search field.
    3. It would be nice if both the name and the phone number were displayed in the call log.

Thanks,

Bryan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    NI
    Up
    Down
    Hello Bryan!

Thank you very much for your support and for your good comments on the project!

Regarding point number 1, do you suggest that there is some type of configuration that allows configuring the audio output for notifications, ringtones, etc. and a separate setting for the audio output of calls?

We will work on suggestions,

Best regards!

Bryan
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hi Maynor,

Thanks for your reply.  That’s exactly what I was meaning.  In further testing (using Chrome on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.17), I’ve also found that VitXi can very easily “forget” its assigned audio output setting and instead use the output assigned as the system default.  I’m currently trying to see if I can determine what it is that can trigger this switch.

Thanks,

Bryan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.