Initial VitXi WebRTC Testing

VitalPBX Community Support VitXi WebRTC Initial VitXi WebRTC Testing

Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

We recently started testing VitXi as a replacement for the existing softphone we use (Bria). So far, we are very impressed how this beta software works very well. But there are some issues which we would like to see fixed so we can continue testing this amazing product.

1. We cannot merge two or more calls, or create a conference call.
    2. Number cleanup. We often Copy/Paste a number that looks like “(222) 555-1234” or “222-555-1234” or “222 555 1234”. VitXi does not know what to do with it. Please implement that it should cleanup the parentheses, periods, commas, dashes and spaces. Technically, it should remove anything that’s not a number and process the call.
    3. The dialer is not always open, and quite annoying to have to open it to be able to dial.
    4. Mid-call DTMF is hard to work with. You can only use the dialer keypad, if you use your computer keyboard it does not work.

These are the issues we have.

We would also like to see the below features we currently have with Bria.

1. Keyboard shortcuts. When you select a number and press Ctrl+Shift+D or whatever you configured it will start calling.
    2. We use Jabra Headsets, and with Bria we can Answer and Hangup calls when pushing the button on the headset. I am not sure tho if this needs implementation from Jabra or you guys.
    3. Be able to use have VitXi offline, and be able to register via a SIP proxy. That way we can have VitXi as a web-app that will work from everywhere to process calls, we don’t really need to use the chat and other features that rely on an http connection to the server all the time

Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
    mo10
    none
    Up
    Down
    +1
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Please update this post once some issues has been fixed, so we can test and provide feedback.
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello!

Thank you very much for your comments and for supporting the project. We appreciate it very much and it motivates us to continue working to soon publish the stable version.

Responding to your comments:

1. We have on our tasks to make the implementation of conferences. In future versions it will be available.

2. We have already fixed this issue with the development team. In the next version, the number entered will be cleaned.

3. Are you referring to the dial pad while on a call? If so, we could place the dial pad button in the list of main buttons of the call. This way it will be easier to access the dial pad.

4. Thanks for your suggestion, we have already implemented the ability to work with DTMF using numeric keypads. This feature will be available in the next version.

**************************************************************************************

We would also like to see the below features we currently have with Bria.

1. We are already implementing the Keyboard shortcuts to initiate a call with the number that is visible.

2. It would be an implementation in VitXi. We do not currently plan to implement support with Jabra Headsets. We will present this feature to the development team for possible integration in future releases. It would certainly be a very good thing!.

3. We will do the corresponding tests to verify that the calls work correctly in offline mode. We will verify if this does not affect any characteristics of the application.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

Best regards!

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Thank you Maynor,

1. I think that merging/conferencing should be a priority. A ton of people using phones (especially during COVID-19) they need to work with multiple people over the phone. This is a must need.
    2. Great, Thanks
    3. Yes that would be great. Or maybe also an easy place that will just allow you to start typing a number using your keyboard’s numbers.
    4. Sounds good.

Bria:

1. Nice to hear that.
    2. Are there any other headsets that you will be supporting?
    3. Awesome. If you want us to test, let me know.

Thank you

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hey,

Curious fella here. Is there any timeframe these features will be released?

Thanks

Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Next week we will release an update that comes with many optimizations and improvements (Audio Conference and supervised transfer will be included).
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello!,

A new version of VitXi is now available.

You can see the details in our changelog: https://www.vitalpbx.org/vitxi-webrtc-phone-changes-log/

We continue to work on new features and suggestions from our customers.

In advance, thank you very much for supporting the project.

Best regards!

mo10
    none
    Up
    Down
    Thanks a lot.

When will Bluetooth-Support be available (Android / iPhone)?

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello @maynor,

Thanks much for the recent VitXi update, it is much more stable!

Here is some feedback/bugs/feature requests I’d like to report:

• While you are on the phone and answer an incoming call, it does not seem like it is possible to merge the new incoming call to create a conference.
    • An end-user tried changing their password, they got an error “the password could not be changed” [1]. But I was able to set that same exact password from the Admin side.
    • When an admin changes a end-user’s password, the end-user’s settings seems to be resetting as well, such as the dark mode reverts to regular mode.
    • It seems like it is not possible to send hash/pound/# as DTMF when using the keyboard (Shift + 3)
    • It seems like you cannot send DTMF after you created a conference (at least not possible with the keyboard)
    • Please add that when you click on a tel:PHONENUM links it should be allowed to open in VitXi
    • Please add keyboard shortcuts. For example: Selecting a number and pressing Ctrl + NV it should initiate a call, when pressing Ctrl + HV it will hangup the current call. (These are just examples)
    • We would really like to start rolling this out for clients that do not have a monthly plan, I would suggest you to please start selling individual user licenses.

[1] Here’s a screenshot of the password error

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by PitzKey.
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    This forum is a garbage software. It keeps on not allowing me to post links, I am talking about pastebin and imgur links to provide debug and screenshots.

Now I posted this, got a 500 error, and then it messed up the formatting, everything was formatted nice with bullet points and spaces.

If this continues like this, it will only drive users away from the community. Please re-consider the policies and the forum software you use.

Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    This reply has been marked as private.
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    I am reposting my last feedback post since it got lost between all the replies and since we have more feedback

Hello @maynor,

Thanks much for the recent VitXi update, it is much more stable!

Here is some feedback/bugs/feature requests I’d like to report:

• While you are on the phone and answer an incoming call, it does not seem like it is possible to merge the new incoming call to create a conference.
    • An end-user tried changing their password, they got an error “the password could not be changed” [1]. But I was able to set that same exact password from the Admin side.
    • When an admin changes a end-user’s password, the end-user’s settings seems to be resetting as well, such as the dark mode reverts to regular mode.
    • It seems like it is not possible to send hash/pound/# as DTMF when using the keyboard (Shift + 3)
    • It seems like you cannot send DTMF after you created a conference (at least not possible with the keyboard)
    • Please add that when you click on a tel:PHONENUM links it should be allowed to open in VitXi
    • Please add keyboard shortcuts. For example: Selecting a number and pressing Ctrl + NV it should initiate a call, when pressing Ctrl + HV it will hangup the current call. (These are just examples)
    • We would really like to start rolling this out for clients that do not have a monthly plan, I would suggest you to please start selling individual user licenses.
    • Every here and there VitXi becomes unstable, such as we lose control of the buttons during a call

[1] Here’s a screenshot of the password error

PitzKey
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.